It's A Girl Card



Do you know what today is?  It's JerzDay!!  (lol)  I don't think any of you sweet and meek crafters are into dramatic reality shows like Jersey Shore, are you?  I know I am, but that's because I still have a little ghetto left in me from my upbringing in NY.  Funny thing though, I didn't live in the ghetto.  I lived in a nice area in downtown Manhattan.  LOL!!  Anyway, so tonight is episode 2 of the cast being in Italy and I can't wait.  But this blog is not about them, it's about crafting, so let's talk PAPER!!! 


Two days ago I posted a blog & video showing an altered baby picture frame that I made for someone at church, and I wanted to create a matching card.  


My favorite part about the card is the double ruffle trim that I created using a single ruffle trim.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out how to fold things and make them double, but when I had the bright idea to do this I felt so cool!! LOL.  I had never seen that done before and I thought I'd share it with you.  I didn't color my pregnant Greeting Farm stamp with copics this time though, I used Stampin' Up watercolor pencils and mineral spirits.  I still have to work on my copic coloring, and I want to wait until my 2nd shipment arrives (they're taking forever!!).  And by the way, I don't own this stamp set.  It was stamped for me and sent in a RAK from my dear friend Sharon, earlier this year.  



I hope you like this simple card and I challenge you to make something today using the color purple.
Thanks for stopping by.

x0, Damaris


P.S.  A video with more details about this card can be seen at the end of this post.


SUPPLIES

*  Stampin Up watercolor pencils.
*  Stampin Up curly label punch
*  Greeting Farm "Mom and Dad" stamp set.
*  Recollections butterfly.
*  Heidi Grace "Baby" clear stamp set.
*  Basic Gray Euphoria paper.
*  Want2Scrap bling.
*  White ruffled/pleated trim.
*  Baby blue ribbon.
*  Metallic card & envelope set.
*  Cloud 9 "Simple Thoughts - Baby" clear stamp set.
*  Tombow mono adhesive.
*  Stampin Up dimensionals.
*  Tim Holtz distressing tool.
*  Tim Holtz distress ink - Dusty Concord.




3 comments

crystal said...

Pretty card...I have to confess I watch jersey shore too. I could of called the Sam and Ronnie thing !!!!!!

Keep the videos coming love them!!!!

And gio omg he's getting so big ....love that you share how big he is getting!!!

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

Really cute card. Just joined your blog. hope you do the same. I have been watching your videos. They are fun to watch.

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

Hey Damaris, Thank you for the comments you have left me. I do plan on selling them if they are ordered. I do not have a store nor intend to. Only people that come over and see my work are the ones that I would sell them to. I just sold one girl onesie.
Thanks for the leaving me a comment and inspiring me with your work to be creative.