Thursday, August 11, 2011

It's A Girl Card



Do you know what today is?  It's JerzDay!!  (lol)  I don't think any of you sweet and meek crafters are into dramatic reality shows like Jersey Shore, are you?  I know I am, but that's because I still have a little ghetto left in me from my upbringing in NY.  Funny thing though, I didn't live in the ghetto.  I lived in a nice area in downtown Manhattan.  LOL!!  Anyway, so tonight is episode 2 of the cast being in Italy and I can't wait.  But this blog is not about them, it's about crafting, so let's talk PAPER!!! 


Two days ago I posted a blog & video showing an altered baby picture frame that I made for someone at church, and I wanted to create a matching card.  


My favorite part about the card is the double ruffle trim that I created using a single ruffle trim.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out how to fold things and make them double, but when I had the bright idea to do this I felt so cool!! LOL.  I had never seen that done before and I thought I'd share it with you.  I didn't color my pregnant Greeting Farm stamp with copics this time though, I used Stampin' Up watercolor pencils and mineral spirits.  I still have to work on my copic coloring, and I want to wait until my 2nd shipment arrives (they're taking forever!!).  And by the way, I don't own this stamp set.  It was stamped for me and sent in a RAK from my dear friend Sharon, earlier this year.  



I hope you like this simple card and I challenge you to make something today using the color purple.
Thanks for stopping by.

x0, Damaris


P.S.  A video with more details about this card can be seen at the end of this post.


SUPPLIES

*  Stampin Up watercolor pencils.
*  Stampin Up curly label punch
*  Greeting Farm "Mom and Dad" stamp set.
*  Recollections butterfly.
*  Heidi Grace "Baby" clear stamp set.
*  Basic Gray Euphoria paper.
*  Want2Scrap bling.
*  White ruffled/pleated trim.
*  Baby blue ribbon.
*  Metallic card & envelope set.
*  Cloud 9 "Simple Thoughts - Baby" clear stamp set.
*  Tombow mono adhesive.
*  Stampin Up dimensionals.
*  Tim Holtz distressing tool.
*  Tim Holtz distress ink - Dusty Concord.




Post a Comment