Wednesday, November 14, 2012

25 DOC - Day 3 - DIY Cupcake Toppers

When I think of celebrating the holidays (or any occasion), I think about decor.  And one thing I love to create are cupcake toppers.  They're fun, whimsical and remarkably easy to do.

Today I want to share with you how I make my toppers and how you can use them for anything.  Especially for the Kid's Table on Thanksgiving Day.

Here is what you'll need: wood sticks, 2" scallop circle punch, 1.75" circle punch, 1.5" circle punch, glue, cardstock and your image.


I used this very adorable Bobblehead Christmas Reindeer digi by Bugaboo Stamps and printed them out (the same size - 1.5" on a sheet of X-Press It cardstock).
I used my copic paper, because I knew I wanted to color them in with copics.  

Using copic markers E30, E31, E33, E23 & E25, I colored in this cute stamp and punched out the stamp with my Stampin' Up 1.5" circle punch.
You can use any circle punch you have, it doesn't have to be by SU.

I then punched a 1.75" circle punch out of red October Afternoon "Holiday Style" cardstock
and a 2" scallop circle punch out of kraft cardstock.


I first glued the reindeer circle to the red circle and made it sure was centered.  


\
I then glued the red circle to one side of the wood stick.  Making sure it faced me as I positioned it properly.

 I then glued the entire piece (reindeer, red circle and wood stick) to the back of the 2" scallop circle punch and again, made sure it was centered.
Depending on what glue you use, is how long you'll have to hold the pieces in place.
I like to use Tombow Adhesive, because it allows you time to position the pieces carefully and still dries pretty quickly.




As an added "cute" touch, I punched a leaf using Martha Stewart "Holly" punch and added it to the corners.




And by the way, you don't have to own any copics to create this project.
You can use any markers, color pencils, watercolors or even your computer
to color these adorable Bobblehead Christmas Reindeer in.


Hubby was kind enough to purchase a six pack of cuppies for me to photograph the toppers with..
it wouldn't be a complete project without it!!
And the best part is I got to reap the rewards!!  haha


The process is fast and fun.  It makes a cute & simple embellishment for your party and it's flat enough so that if your party goers are anything like me, they'll save it and put it in their SMASHBOOKs.  Hehe.


I just want to add that I have loved being on the Bugaboo Stamps Guest Design Team these last 2 months.  They have been so friendly and generous... so much so that they have sponsored SEVEN DIGITAL STAMPS for this event.  HOW COOL IS THAT!???  I love them so much and I hope to work with them again soon.

And because of that, I'd love for them to get more exposure, and you can help me by leaving 1 extra comment for each thing you do out of the list below.

1 - LIKE the Bugaboo Stamps Facebook Page and leave them a comment.
2 - Follow the Bugaboo Stamps Blog.
3 - Share this blog post on your Facebook wall.
4 - Pin this blog post to one of your boards on Pinterest.

That's 5 comments you can have.  You choose if you want to do all at once or spread them out.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Win Santa's Blog Candy
Read the rules HERE and join the fun!!

Two winners each week...
And 2 Grand Prize winners!!


Post a Comment