Discovering My OLW.

So let's talk One Little Words... if you have not heard about this year-long project, you should make your way over to the Ali Edwards blog for more details.  The basic concept is to choose one word that you will focus on the entire year and set goals wrapped about that word; so that you are not necessarily setting up resolutions that you're breaking, but weekly/monthly goals that you're able to work towards and keep.

It wasn't until the last week of December that I thought to use "DISCOVER" as my 2018 focus word.  I teetered between that and "Simplicity", but I decided to go with my original impression, especially since it leaves me room to be more creative with it.



I thought it would be fun to incorporate a new subject or topic to "Discover" each month, and create a page about it.  January's theme is all about glamour.  As one of my goals for this year, I vowed to focus on beauty products that will improve the texture of my hair and the tone of my skin.  Not to mention, maybe improve my wardrobe.  I can simplify what's in my closet, only keeping the pieces that absolutely suit my body and style.


The photo was taken on Snapchat and the collection I used for my first page is "Fashionista" by Echo Park.  I had been saving this line for a special project and I love how well it blends with the gorgeous Rose Gold Foil Large Alphas by American Crafts.  Cassie has a few sets left of those, so I would grab them before they're gone!

I did quite a bit of fussy cutting for this page, and I thought to keep it elegant, simple, yet dramatic.  I love the black & white striped background and the diagonal flow of flowers across the page and the title.  Every chance I get, I like to incorporate the "Bubbles" Free Cut File.  Whenever I have space on my cutting mat, I quickly add that single bubble and a few sizes and have them handy on my desk.  It's my favorite cut file, and I tend to use these messy circles on a lot of my layouts.

It's a thing.

I had such a fun time creating this page, and I'm so happy to be able to share that with you all.

Below you are going to find quick links to the Paper Issues sho and the Friends & Fans Facebook Group.  There are monthly challenges posted, and the more you play along, the more chances you will have to win a gift card!

Also, using the code "Damaris" at checkout of the paper issues show will save you 20% off of your entire purchase, and any purchase.  You will quality for free US priority shipping if you spend more than $60 after the coupon is applied.

I appreciate you spending a little time with me today.

Have a great week! 

-AtStudioD

No comments