Magical Moments.

I caught the bug.
The hand stitching bug.
Being on a DT exposes me, and challenges me to try newer techniques.  Stitching was on my crafty bucket list, but I was honestly afraid to try it.  I was afraid the needle would get stuck and rip the page.  I was afraid the string would tangle.  I was afraid my finger would get a pinch.
Well, all these things happened, while making this page, but it was all worth it because I LOVE THE LOOK!


I first drew a swirly line with pencil.  I knew how I wanted the final page to look, so the sketch was easy.  I then poked holes along the pencil line, erased the line, and finally (using a regular needle and a thicker-than-normal thread), I just sat at my desk and stitched the darn thing.  The hardest part was poking the holes.  I used a cardboard sheet, not to damage my desk, but since then I have purchased a Teresa Collins mat I found at Hobby Lobby.  I was able to use a coupon for it.

This was so fun to make.  I love the soft colors of the new Pink Paislee "Turn The Page" collection designed by Paige Taylor Evans.  I am loving the pastels and butterflies in this line.  I was so enamored by it that I purchased more.  Having only a boy, I don't normally purchase girly collections, but this line has for both boy and girl pages.  Also, I figured, as long as I'm in the photo, using pinks and florals is okay.





I'm sure you all knew about the fun Fall Crop we're having at the Paper Issues Friends & Family group on facebook.  But just incase you didn't, or forgot, I'm linking it below.

You could be one of TWO people that wins a $50 Gift Card to the shop!

Fall Crop on Facebook.

We're posting challenges and sharing our version of it.  We'd love for you to join in on the fun and play along.  I know you wouldn't want to miss out on that!




 If you use my coupon at check out, you'll receive 20% off your total purchase in the Paper Issues Shop.  Anything over $60 qualifies you for free priority US mail shipping.




Thanks for checking in!
-AtStudioD

No comments