Cute Selfie.



Today I'm continuing the layout share...

If you were here yesterday, you read how I raved about the Paper Issues Spring Crop that happened over the weekend.  The good news is that it's still open to everyone, and you can still join the fun!

The challenge for this layout was all about fussy cutting.  I think I first heard this term on YouTube, from Bona (I shamefully forgot her YT channel name), but you all may know her as 
Bona Rivera-Tran on Instagram.


Anyhow, I learned how to fussy cut from her and what were the best scissors to use.  Some people prefer the yellow cuttlebug scissors.  However, I am a TONIC girl all-the-way!
I tapped into some newer Amy Tangerine paper.. this is from her "Oh Happy Life" collection, and thankfully I did have two of the same sheet... I guess because I knew I'd want to use both the floral print and the striped print.  The photo itself was me at work on my 43rd birthday.  Of course, EVERYONE needs a birthday selfie, yeah??  Well this was pretty quick to put together.  The hexagon background was cut on my Silhouette machine and I just added touches of items that were recently added to my craft table, like the diecut heart, the fussy cut window and polaroid frame, and other pieces from different collections.  I loved strategically (there I go again!), placing the word "SELFIE" to appear as if the end of the hexagon background begins at the "S".  That was a fun touch that I didn't think about til I made the page.  I like exploring with little tricks and fun elements that make my pages unique.  Like the fact that the journaling on this one is actually absolutely unseen.  Go ahead and give it a try.  Zoom in.  I bet you won't find it! lol



I'm sharing all the links for you to find and follow Paper Issues.
I hope you join the fun this week too!

[LINKS]
Paper Issues - Facebook Group
Paper Issues - Spring Crop
Paper Issues - Instagram
Paper Issues - Website (blog & shop)

Use code "UNICORN" in the PI shop, for 30% off your purchase!
-AtStudioD

No comments