Merry Poinsettias.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I hope you are all enjoying your day with your family and gearing up for some Black Friday shopping.

I won't be shopping on Black Friday for a couple of reasons, #1 being I already purchased 90% of our gifts, and #2 being that the rest will just be gift cards.  lol.  Keep it very easy this year.

Anyway, today I wanted to share a very easy card to replicate.  I figured since you would be having family over, you might want to put those kids and teens to work on some cards with you.  (to keep them busy cutting)... hehe

I started building this card to add a colored image, but no matter what configuration I tried, it just wasn't working out.


So I glued the poinsettia pieces (that I cut out of an American Crafts Christmas paper pad,) onto the card to frame the card, and stamp/embossed this very bold sentiment by Studio Calico.  Incidentally, I'm finding that I'm grabbing this stamp set a lot for many Christmas projects.

I still wasn't convinced with the card.  It needed something more.

So I grabbed my gold Wink of Stella pen and began to out line the flowers, leaving a little white space in between.  Immediately the card popped and I knew it was a great idea.



I love the simple, clean and sophisticated look of the card.  And the toughest part was cutting out all those flowers!




Again, Happy Thanksgiving and don't forget to count ALL your blessings today.

God has been very gracious and generous with us.  And even if He hasn't, He is still God and we must still be grateful for what we do have.

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin


CHALLENGES
1 - Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes


4 comments

An'Jenic G. said...

Happy Late Thanksgiving. I love the gold outline.

Berina RGA said...

wow!! this is so beautiful!! the gold outline does make it pop!! and you have a lot of patience to cut all these flowers!! awesome!!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Heather said...

A fabulous card Damaris, a lovely design and a beautiful poinsettia - it looks gorgeous with gold borders!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Lin said...

Yes, the gold outlining really made everything just a little more glitzy and festive! A lovely design, Damaris! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!