Baby Love.

I seldom log in to my craft Instagram (since I'm barely crafting lately), but when I do I always check out what Kristine Davidson is doing.  She's the leader of the Creative Scrappers blog/team and always designs awesome layout sketch challenges.



Recently, a new challenge "SKETCH 270" was posted and I knew I wanted to try it out, so I took out my supplies; (my limited "subscription style" box of pre-order goodies - lol), and because I was so excited to be crafting I accidentally knocked over my half full mug on one of the last 2 12x12 sheets left in my stash to create with.  At first I thought "oh no", but then when I realized I was going to be scrapping a vintage style page anyway, I was elated!  I took my spoon and dropped more coffee on the page.


It was a match made in heaven.  Why?  Because I don't have access to any of my sprays (everything is still boxed up), and the only paper I have has woodgrain texture.  I smeared the coffee around and was able to not only make the white page a cream color, but expose that gorgeous texture.


I had visited Burlington over the weekend with my husband,
and came across a Maggie Holmes 6x6 pad for $2.99.  
I snatched it up because I was desperate to use some (more recent) pattern paper in my crafting...
(remember the last blog?  lol).







It was very difficult cutting perfect squares with no paper punch or trimmer, but thankfully one of the photos I wanted to use was already cut in a square shape.  I followed that pattern all throughout.

I used supplies from Chic Tags, Freckled Fawn, Jillibean Soup, Simple Stories, and American Crafts.  My favorite are the wood veneer sequins... I accidentally pre-ordered 2 packages, and I'm not entirely mad at myself anymore.  lol.




Again, I apologize for the bad quality of some of the photos.  I was limited to using my moms tablet for most of them.

Take care and don't forget to check out the link above.

post signature


Challenges
Scrap Happy Deals Forum - Song Title



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments