Friday, November 23, 2012

25 DOC - Day 10 - December Daily


Creating a December Daily never interested me before, mainly because I wasn't into mini albums or daybooks much.  This year (after completing a few daybooks and minis), I decided I would give it a try.  The concept is simple and interesting.  You keep record every day in December with either journaling, tickets/receipts, photos or anything that you want to remember, in a book that you create yourself.  Similar to Smashbooks, but more organized.

I loved this idea so much that I started prepping my DD in September!!  (YUP!)  I have the Instagram pix to prove it!  hahaha...

Since I hope to keep the pages very simple and clean, I wanted the cover to resemble a mini album.

I painted and used a few techniques to the wood sleigh that I purchased at Michaels for $1.  The collection I used is October Afternoon "Holiday Style" which October Afternoon themselves has sent me 2 of these collections to give away for this blog event.  I LOVE THAT PAPER!!  Have you seen it??  Do you have it??  I bet you wouldn't mind winning another huh?  hehe.  

In any case, here's what I did (in not so many words)... 






Look at the mess I made as I made this!!  
I [secretly] LOVE IT!!





Here's the finished altered cover.





This is the 1st page.
I created a sign-in area, so that I'll remember what dailies I've completed and to document my mood with the American Crafts Christmas Date stamp roller.  Have you seen it??  It's adorable!!
I got mine in September at the Hobby Lobby in Orlando.




I figure the roller stamp can also document my mood of the day too.  LOL


Here are some pages I've added in the book from the collection.
It's all random.  Daybook style.
I plan to decorate each day according to how many photos and activities we had.





I'd love to know (in your comment) if you've ever created a December Daily or if you will this year.  There's still time!!  It's very easy to make.  =)

Want an extra comment??  Visit www.OctoberAfternoon.Typepad.com, become a blog follower and come back here telling me that you did.  EASY!!





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Win Santa's Blog Candy
Read the rules HERE and join the fun!!

Two winners each week...
And 2 Grand Prize winners!!

Post a Comment