Ever Been In Love...

... With A Stamp Set?

It was just about exactly one year ago, when I struggled with the notion of spending $50 + on an October Afternoon "Make It Merry" Kit.  The only REAL reason I wanted it was for the gorgeous exclusive stamp set included in the kit.  Sadly, I didn't have the means to get it so I had to pass.  But all year I thought about that gorgeous stamp set.


About 2 months ago (as I prepared for what I wanted to create as far as cards and my December Daily), I felt such a sadness thinking of that stamp set.  I got to researching and found that people were selling them for over $50 in many online selling sites.  For that price I could've gotten the entire KIT!

Well, a few weeks ago I was lucky enough to find someone who had the stamp set, and she accepted what I offered to pay for it... (A STEAL!)  As soon as I got it in my hands I fell in love and was inspired.

So using whatever supplies I had on my desk, I made 2 mini cards.




For the 1st card, I colored in the closed off images with yellow, green & brown distress markers.




The 2nd card is basic.



This sparked an interest in "simple" cardmaking for me this year.

You'll see more clean and simple cards soon.

Thanks for checking in and I hope you return on Monday for a super fun Saturated Canary tutorial that I'll be sharing with you.


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments

Berina RGA said...

very beautiful Damaris!! the stamp set is really worthy!!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Tkat said...

These cards are awesome!!! I love that tree stamp!!! I know all about wanting and wishing but not having the $$ for such expensive sets. Glad you found a way to finally get it. It truly looks like an amazing set -- one im going to keep my eyes open for in the future as well :) Enjoy!

Tina Campbell said...

A very pretty card and congrats on gettng the set you wanted :)