Tuesday, September 17, 2013

WISH come true.

I've had this Saturated Canary image "Cerridwen" for more than a year and have only attempted to color her once before.  The result was fatal for me, so I put her away and every so often would look at her, wanting to print her out, but not feeling confident enough.

Over the weekend I attempted to color her again (with copic markers), and was happy with the outcome.  So happy that I quickly grabbed the closest paper pad near me (which happened to be one I JUST picked up at TJ Maxx that day - only $2.99 Woot Woot!), by Crate Paper "DIY Shop".  The perfect vintage rose colors were in the pad, helping me create a pretty and different birthday card for someone special.




I used mesh and cheese cloth for my backdrop, a gorgeous spellbinder die (that kinda looks like a snowflake), and even framed her differently by propping up a pink 1/4" circle border above the image using pop dots.  The flowers are randoms from my stash (mostly WOC and IAR).  I fussy cut the typewriter from the paper collection, added Recollections pearls, Liquid Pearls & butterflies, and distressed all the paper edges with walnut stain.




I am entering this into the Saturated Canary Challenge and hope it passes for "Shabby Chic", hehe.


More Challenges:
- A Creative Romance - Dies or Punches
- Crafting Musketeers - Vintage
- Reasonable Ribbon - Shabby Chic & Ribbon
- Sister Act - Anything Goes
- Sassy Studio Designs - Shabby Chic
- Creative Inspirations - Inpsired by Fall
- Whoopsi Daisy - More than 2 Pattern Papers
- Loves Rubber Stamps - 1 (SC image) 2 (Crate Paper sheets) 3 (flowers, pearls, butterflies)
- Card And Scrap - Vintage Shabby
- ABC Challenges - V for Very Cute


 post signature

Follow on Bloglovin
Post a Comment