Hello Spring!

The weather here in Sunny South Florida has been very pleasant.  Mid 80s during the day with a slight breeze.  I love this time of year.  It gets me in the Springtime mood.  Cleaning.  Reorganizing.  Keeping the shades open all day to let the sun in.  Bright fun days.  Kinda like the feeling I wanted this card to portray.

Using the Scrap Happy Ohio Easter Kit I was able to create this bright card.  It's not necessarily an Easter card, but it sure does give you the feeling that it's around the corner and you should start buying some new cute tank tops and capris.  lol.


Starting with a Scrap Happy Ohio white card base, I created the cloud background with a Hero Arts stamp using versamark ink and clear embossing powder.  I then distressed it just a little using the Scrap Happy Ohio Berrylicious ink pad.  It's the perfect shade of a pale sky blue.  I think I've used it more than any other color.  I also punched out some clouds with a Fiskars punch, and popped them up on some dimensionals.  The trees were from the Doodlebug paper that's in the Easter kit and I fussy cut them out with a pair of Tonic spring-cut scissors.  The flag/sentiment is a piece that also comes in the kit, and I set that up on dimensionals too.



Their Easter Kit is currently being sold on their website at www.ScrapHappyOhio.com.

Let me know what your favorite part of Spring is, in your comment below, and I'll randomly choose 1 person to send this card to.

post signature

7 comments

Berina RGA said...

This is awesome Damaris!! The dimensional clouds add more beauty... We do not have spring in India... So I'm not very aware of it! But during this season here, some trees like the flame of the forest and golden showers are in full blossom without any leaf!! That is a beautiful sight!!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

I love your adorable card! Puts a smile on my face!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a beautiful card.

Betty Boop said...

I liked the pink tag "hello spring" and the 3d cloud.

Pam said...

Your card is so sweet, it really looks like spring!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Kimberly J said...

Your card is adorable. I love the pink banner w/duckie.

I love spring when all the flowers are in bloom and the sun is warm again.

Leah l'Orange said...

seriously - this is just too stinkin' cute. i love the background and the bright colours TOTALLY pop. <3