Go Irish!

The most I've ever done to celebrate St. Patrick's Day is wear green to school or work.  One year someone at my old job ordered Shepard's Pie and it was my first time having it.  LOVED IT!  Never had it again, because I was afraid it wouldn't be as good.  Mom has attempted to make this.  Yes, my very Puerto Rican mom.  And although it tasted great, it wasn't quite the same.

I get so upset when the day creeps up on me and I see people wearing green, because I love green.  40% of my wardrobe has some kind of green in it.

This year I'm ready.  I even made a card and everything!  lol.



I colored in this very joyful Irishman from the Scrap Happy Ohio "St. Patrick Stamp Set" with an array of YG copic markers.  If you follow my Instagram, you would've seen a sneak peek of this a couple of weeks ago.  I like taking photos and sharing it there.  I didn't want it to be all green, so I added touches of gold and black.  Red hair, of course.



The real challenge was making a card that wasn't too green.  Or the same shade of green all throughout.  Using the Scrap Happy Ohio Easter Kit and other papers from my stash, I made a striped background and added it to a Scrap Happy Ohio "Jelly Belly Green" card base.  The sentiment on the front is a 4 part layering process of 3 different Scrap Happy Ohio Ink Pad colors and one stamp.  COOL!

You might not be able to see it in this very bright photo, but this Irish dude has a very cool cloud-filled background.  The blue is pale, made with the Scrap Happy Ohio "Berrylicious" ink pad and a distress tool.  The clouds themselves were made with puffy paint by Marvy.  Love that stuff.




Inside I left it simple, but festive.

I'd love to send someone this card.  And along with the card, I'll include a little something.  Don't know yet.  But I'm sure you'll enjoy creating with it.  Just be a blog follower and leave a comment telling me something LUCKY in your life.  =)

I shared my "LUCKY" thing on Monday night.


My 2 year old Giovanni loves taking naps.  TWO a day!  Lucky or Blessed?

post signature

10 comments

Tina Campbell said...

A beautifully well done card. Go Irish! He needs a football in his hands,just kidding with ya.

This N That said...

So cute. I LOVE the clouds!! You should also enter this over at Card makin Mamas! http://cardmakinmamas.blogspot.com/

Their challenge is green too.

This N That said...

And my lucky comment (hit post too soon. DUH) I have gotten SO lucky with my husband. I am so lucky that he understands my need to CRAFT and he encourages it!!

Migdalia said...

Very Beautiful!!!My living room is painted a mint green and my bedroom has Beige,Brown and mint green...LOL..LOVE Green!I am lucky t have my sister,she takes care of me when I am not feeling well...
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

Berina RGA said...

That is just awesome!! again, I love this cloud!! and of course your coloring!!
And I'm very lucky to have a husband who really helps me in everything and understands me..
-Berina
http://moxiecraftie.blogspot.in/

jessica said...

What an adorable St. Patty's Day card!!
LOVE the image and of course your gorgeous coloring!!!

Pam said...

Beautiful card and coloring!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Sabrina said...

Great card and love the clouds.
I am lucky to have 3 great ( well most of the times) children and 6 beautiful grandchildren that I just absolutely adore and they all live within 6 miles of me. LUCKY ME!!

Marla said...

Adorable card and I am lucky to have a loving supportive hubby and a family that loves and cares for me.

cdm317 said...

This is beyond cute! Your coloring is inspiring!