25 DOC MISFITS - Tag

I started the 25 Days of Christmas projects in September, and was able to make quite a few things.  There are projects I made that "Didn't Make The Cut", and I thought I'd still share them with you because, after all, they could still inspire you and they are still cute.  So now until Christmas Day, I'll be sharing these rejected projects that I like to call "Misfits"... hehe ... Plus, after spending the last month with you, I kinda don't wanna just drop off the face of the earth entirely.  I'll miss you all too much!!  <3


I'm not one to make tags or ATGs much, but as I looked through the sheets of Pink Paislee's "City Sidewalks" paper, I couldn't help but get that warm feeling that a beautiful vintage tag gives you.  

I like the idea of using a tag to hang from gifts, but I wanted this tag to bare gifts also.  After decorating it with washi tape, embossed glitter, ribbon, buttons and ephemera (from the collection), I added some twine around that "THREAD" ephemera piece and secured it down with a with a handmade stick-pin.  



I put velcro behind it so that whoever receives this is able to use the twine & pin, but also keep the tag.




Tags are just as much a part of Christmas, as a card or ornaments; and I think I'll be making more of these for my friends.  It was super fun!





Supplies:
  • Pink Paislee "City Sidewalks" collection
  • Twine, fibers & ribbon
  • Beads & pin
  • Glossy accents
  • Flourish stamp
  • Recollections expresso glitter
  • Stampin' Up heat & stick powder
  • Versamark ink
  • Washi tape
  • Random button
  • Velcro pieces

8 comments

Caroline said...

I love this it's gorgeous. Caroline xxx

alethea said...

What a fabulous idea!!! HUgsxx

jessica said...

I LOVE this!! What a GREAT idea!!!
Happy Hump day!

Migdalia said...

Gorgeous!!!Love the idea of using velcro..TFS
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

Sharla said...

This is a great project, and such a clever idea for the twine and pin!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love this. What a great idea to use the velcro.

The Scrapping Factory said...

well this is not a "misfit" at all my friend, I absolutely love it! Fabi xxxx

Marla said...

What a lovely idea. I love that card you used as a tag. That line from Pink Paislee is beautiful!!! TFS