25 DOC MISFITS - Cookies



Some Odd Girl is a digital & acrylic stamp company that I've grown fond of.  The girls Kristy draws are just so pretty and fun to color.  This one in particular "Gingerbread Kaylee" was one I knew I would get and use for this event.  I loved coloring her and since she's an 'action' digi, I knew I wanted to place her in a "scenario" type card.  


I created the door using a Memory Box die.  I cut the "stairs" with a paper trimmer and glued them on top of each other.  I free hand cut the "snow" and embossed it with my cuttlebug machine and "Swiss Dots" embossing folder.  I then added a cute wreath sticker on the door by October Afternoon and a few touches of blue Recollections bling to bring out the color of her eyes, dress and headband. 


I love this card because the colors are still traditional with just enough SPUNK to get away with it.
So why didn't it make the 25 DOC event?  Because it makes no sense.  The stairs have no snow on them, the background is green, and she's outside with no coat on.  LOL.

Do you bake cookies and give them as gifts?  If so, I'd love to some helpful hints, cuz my baking swag is non-existent.  lol.

Have a wonderful Christmas Eve.  Enjoy your family, friends and I hope you make memories that you can scrap later on!!

4 comments

jessica said...

But she is colored so beautifully and maybe the snow was shoveled off the front steps...LOL! She was just running from next door to drop off cookies so she didn't need a jacket :)
Anyway you look at it I still think this card is gorgeous!!! Your coloring is simply awesome and I love all the papers and embossing you used!!
Thanks for sharing this "misfit" which I don't think is one at all BUT also wanted to wish you and your family a VERY Merry Christmas!!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute.

Robin said...

Totally cute! Send some Christmas cookies this way. Merry Christmas! Hugs, Robi

PS got the item from Lindy's already. Loving it!

The Scrapping Factory said...

Well I think it turned out fabulous!!!! Fabi xxx