25 DOC - Day 21 - Five



The original plan for this tag was to use it for a gift, but as I created it it became something more.  


I used October Afternoon's "Very Merry" collection to put a base on this manila tag, distressed the edges with walnut stain ink, hand cut the banner pennants that frame the sentiment (which is a sticker that I cut in 3 parts - from their "Holiday Style" collection), and added cute Recollections bling.

The hexagon shape was cut with a Spellbinders die, distressed and faux stitched.  I decided to leave it blank because some time in December I'll be adding a family photo on it, and placing it in the center (circle shape) with pop dots.



On the back I plan on doing some journaling about the photo and adding a date.  I tied some tinsel through the hole and made it so that it hangs.

It's a gift tag, a picture keepsake, an ornament for your tree, a tag for your December Daily journal book or a Christmas card for your relative.



I really hope you will make one of these of your own... and if you do, please leave a SECOND comment linking me back to your photo or blog post.  I'd love to see what you made!!  =D


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Win Santa's Blog Candy
Read the rules HERE and join the fun!!

Two winners each week...
And 2 Grand Prize winners!!

21 comments

alethea said...

Wow, I love this!! I love that it turned into something more and could be any number off things!! I think it would look beautiful on a tree with a family photo!! HUgsxx

Berina RGA said...

Wow!! this is so adorable!! I hope to make one of these!!

Caroline said...

This is gorgeous, love the design. Caroline xxx

Bad Kitty said...

This is wonderful. You are very creative. thank you for sharing with us your work

Sharla said...

Cute, cute tag! Just love the hexagon and the colors. Love the bling too!

kim.scrapper said...

Very cute tag,isn't it funny how you start out creating one thing and it takes on a life of its own, tfs

Lisa said...

This is beautiful!! I love the design and the sparkly snowflakes!! So pretty!! Have a great week :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ardilla said...

What a great tag... I love the great ammount of little details :)

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Beautiful tag. Love the colors and your idea of the family photo. It is very funny how things morph from one idea into another.

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Great tag!! Love how when we create something it turns into a life of its own. Will try to make one today, but busy making cards to send just yet!

Migdalia said...

A Darling tag!!Just love it!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

Beckie said...

So very pretty. It is more than a gift tag...though an AWESOME gift tag it would be ;0)

Be blessed, Beckie

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful tag

jessica said...

What a gorgeous gift tag! LOVE that it doubles as an ornament!!! and/or a bookmark! Beautiful papers and great embellishments!
TFS :)

Nikki said...

What a fabby tag love it and doubling as a bookmark works perfectly

Kelly Sas said...

Love that this tag has another purpose! I am so into hexagons lately.

christi said...

what an adorable tag.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the tag that has a space for a photo or some other image.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Marla said...

Awesome tag and I really do need that hexagon spellbinder die!! TFS

The Scrapping Factory said...

Very nice! I love Kraft paper, is one of my favorites right now, I think I use it for everything :)....Fabi xxxx

Leah l'Orange said...

okay, i WANT those nesties. and i love that you make all these little things that document your holidays with your beautiful family. they must TRULY feel loved!!