Friday, November 16, 2012

25 DOC - Day 5 - The Most Wonderful...

... trend of this year, that I took a HUGE liking to, is HEXAGONS.  I fell in love with this shape for so many reasons, and I can't exactly explain why.  

I knew I wanted to incorporate hexagons in a Christmas card, but I didn't want it to look too UN-traditional... so what did I do?  I used UN-traditional colors.  Haha.  

October Afternoon quickly became one of my TOP favorite companies this year, with all their adorable stickers & page patterns, it was hard NOT buying them.  Their Christmas collections don't stay behind.  This is an old collection "VERY MERRY", but it's one that is very pleasing to the eye.



I used a sizzix hexagon die to create this "peek-a-boo" pattern and added pearls to all the corners that meet.  I distressed the edges with Walnut Stain, tied Pebbles Inc. ribbon into a pretty bow, and propped up an October Afternoon sticker sentiment with Stampin Up dimensionals; have you noticed their dimensionals are shaped like mini hexagons?  So cute!! hehe...

Simple & Classy, yet Modern & Festive.



I love today's card, and I hope you do too.   And I hope you come back on Monday for another Christmas project.



Let's show October Afternoon some love!!!  ... Go to their Facebook page, click LIKE, leave them a comment, then come back here and leave a SECOND comment telling me so.

Have a great weekend!! 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Win Santa's Blog Candy
Read the rules HERE and join the fun!!

Two winners each week...
And 2 Grand Prize winners!!

Post a Comment