25 DOC - Day 5 - The Most Wonderful...

... trend of this year, that I took a HUGE liking to, is HEXAGONS.  I fell in love with this shape for so many reasons, and I can't exactly explain why.  

I knew I wanted to incorporate hexagons in a Christmas card, but I didn't want it to look too UN-traditional... so what did I do?  I used UN-traditional colors.  Haha.  

October Afternoon quickly became one of my TOP favorite companies this year, with all their adorable stickers & page patterns, it was hard NOT buying them.  Their Christmas collections don't stay behind.  This is an old collection "VERY MERRY", but it's one that is very pleasing to the eye.



I used a sizzix hexagon die to create this "peek-a-boo" pattern and added pearls to all the corners that meet.  I distressed the edges with Walnut Stain, tied Pebbles Inc. ribbon into a pretty bow, and propped up an October Afternoon sticker sentiment with Stampin Up dimensionals; have you noticed their dimensionals are shaped like mini hexagons?  So cute!! hehe...

Simple & Classy, yet Modern & Festive.



I love today's card, and I hope you do too.   And I hope you come back on Monday for another Christmas project.



Let's show October Afternoon some love!!!  ... Go to their Facebook page, click LIKE, leave them a comment, then come back here and leave a SECOND comment telling me so.

Have a great weekend!! 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Win Santa's Blog Candy
Read the rules HERE and join the fun!!

Two winners each week...
And 2 Grand Prize winners!!

40 comments

Besthobbyeva said...

I LOVE,LOVE this card. I too have a crush on the hexagon, and can't explain it!! Great, colors and great layout!!!


Laurie
serenityscrappers

jessica said...

What a beautiful Christmas card!!! LOVE the papers and the awesome design LO!! Another beauty!!
TFS and happy Friday!!

jessica said...

I just posted your link and said hello to October Afternoon's FB page :)

Berina RGA said...

I never thought hexagon would make such a beautifule design... but i always love draing hexagonal honey comb ;)
- Berina

kim.scrapper said...

I have been totally in love with the hexagon too and had to purchase the Spellbinder die after borrowing a friends to do a layout at a crop, love them. Your card is very cute and I love OA also, tfs

kim.scrapper said...

Just went over and "liked" their fb page and left a comment, hugz

Caroline said...

This is gorgeous love the design and colours. Caroline xxx

Berina RGA said...

I have liked and commented on October Afternoon FB page :)

-Berina

Beckie said...

OMGosh!! This is gorgeous!!

Be blessed, Beckie
http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com
Stampin' Up Ind Demo
justbcreativecrazy@gmail.com

Kelly Sas said...

I am so into hexagons. Love your card using them!!! Went and liked OA on there FB page. Told them I liked their sticker you used on your beautiful card.

Becky said...

Amazing card! Im going to totally card lift it:) Thanks for giving me so much inspiration! Have a Great weekend D:)

Becky said...

I left a comment and liked OA:)

Tina Campbell said...

I just love this card! Oh and the striped paper I have that now I know what to do with it. I see a lift coming real soo. TFS

Tina Campbell said...

I was over at Oct Afternoon FB page
Thanks for being a sponsor over at Studio D, love your products (my post over there)

Kavitha Vadhri said...

lovely card, lovely idea of pearls at the corners.beautiful colours

Kavitha Vadhri said...

just been to October Afternoon page ,liked and gave a comment.nice to know about the store

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! The papers you used are so beautiful!! What a fabulous card :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the hexagon shape which I call the honeycomb shape since it resembles a bee honeycomb shape.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Nikki said...

What a beautiful card love the hexagons :)

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love that you used the pearls between the hexagons. Beautiful card.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Left a comment on October Afternoon's Facebook page.

Sharla said...

Love the colors in this collection, those hexagons are awesome, especially with the pearls, Amazing!

Sharla said...

I liked and left a comment over at October Afternoon's FB page!

alethea said...

This is a fabulous Christmas card! I do love the non traditional colours for christmas!! HUgsxx

christi said...

this is an adorable hexagon pattern. i love the inside of the card too.

Marla said...

Amazing card!! I too have fallen in LOVE with hexagons!!! TFS

Marla said...

I have liked October Afternoon's FB page!!!

Nicole said...

Love the hexagon pattern. Super sweet card. Love your 25 days of Christmas. I've playing a lil catch up, but the Instagram pics are great cause they remind me to come to the blog. Thanks for tr inspiration.

Nicole said...

I also liked the October afternoon pg on Facebook

An'Jenic G. said...

You know I have been loving all the Hexagon rave myself. The October Afternoon paper is perfect. I love the add paper in the back and pearls.

An'Jenic G. said...

I like October Afternoon Facebook page and left a comment. TFS AJ-

Ardilla said...

Fab card... love the work with the hexagons and pearls... and the papers are awesome!

Leah l'Orange said...

i'm a little lovin' on the hexies, too. but now i NEED that die! i haven't seen it in my stores, so now i'm on a mission. thanks for the inspiration, as always, darlin'! :) love the peek-a-boo!

Leah l'Orange said...

also shown OA the lurrrrrrrve on FB. 'cuz they're quite lurvable!

Linda Clanton said...

I have seen a lot of hexagon. Guess it is a must have.

Linda Clanton said...

Went of facebook liked and left comment

Bad Kitty said...

nice card

Renee said...

I love me some October afternoon also! And their new Christmas line is to die for!

Renee said...

Already a fan of OA page but commented!

Sarah Biswabic said...

Very cute card! I visited October Afternoon's facebook page and left them a message.