Diecuts Challenge & Blog Candy!!

Good Morning.

I wanted to bring you some good news on a day that's always been attached to a negative meaning.  And it involves showing you this card I made 3 weeks ago and some goodies for 1 winner!!


I was inspired by the MFT hot air balloons die that I've had for months now, and never used.  Isn't that crazy?  How we get this "gotta have" and "must have" urge for craft supplies and when they arrive, we don't even look at them.  Well, as I was going through my dies one day and diecutting things from the DCWV "The Snapshot Stack", I remembered the hot air balloons and thought how cool would a certain paper look as a hot air balloon.  So I got to cutting and as soon as I saw it, I knew I would use it on a card... it was just way too pretty.  


Using a black card base, I began layering paper from the collection and was even able to fussy cut one of the sentiments from a page of tons of wordage and sentiments.  The one I used was best for the card I wanted to make.  I used no copic markers, no stamping and no punches.  Only diecuts.  hehe... It was challenging, but was able to get through it.  The flourishes on the sides are also an MFT diecut and bring a special added touch to the card.  


I would love for you to also make a project using no copic markers, no stamping and no punches.  Only diecuts and anything else.  If you come here and post a link to your project, you will be entered to win a few goodies from me (the prize has not been determined yet), and I will include this "FABULOUS" card in your prize package.  I hope you get creative and show me your skills!!  


RULES & INFO
- MUST follow my blog.
- Must have a blog or YT channel.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must create a new project (don't back link).
- Must only use dies, cardstock and paper.
- Leave a comment with the link to your project
(either from your blog post or YT video), by July 31, 2012.
- Make sure you link back to this post so that others can enter also.
- The winner will be chosen by Random.org and announced on August 2nd.
- The winner will have until August 9th to contact me with their info.
- This giveaway is open worldwide.


UPDATE:  NO ONE ENTERED THE CHALLENGE SO THERE'S NO WINNER.


Enjoy the challenge and HAVE FUN!!!

x0, Damaris

P.S.  I apologize that the photos look hazy and/or blurred.  As you've read, I've been having problems with my camera and going nuts about all the settings.  All the photos were coming out over-exposed (white), so I took it to Best Buy 2 weeks ago and THANK GOD it was still under warranty, because the "GEEK" did find something wrong with it.... needless to say I should be getting a call in another week from the "GEEK" to say that Sony has fixed the problems.  If not, they'll have to give me a new camera.  So that's why my pictures have been horrible and unclear.  I apologize for having to use my 8mp Android... hehe.

2 comments

Alljazzed2create said...

Your balloons are just beautiful. I love all glitter and how they sparkle.
I am a new follower.

Evethmoon Crafty Creations said...

OH no need to apologize, currently my canon camera seems to be acting up. maybe I need to fix some setting. Anywho, I love your card. Great balloon dies and I always love DCWV paper. Hugs