Congrats Grad!!

Hi guys!!  I'm excited to share a really special card today.

As I browsed the new Saturated Canary shop website, I found this new digital stamp called, "2012 Graduation Girl", and knew it was the image I had been looking for to create the perfect card for my niece who is graduating from elementary school.  She is also into crafts and loves receiving my cards.  I planned on sending her a box of goodies filled with Smashbook items and stickers, etc., but I also wanted to make her a special card to go along with her gift.

I was very intimidated to color this image in because it is fairly new and I could not find any samples of it online, so I went for it and as it turns out, it came out pretty cute!!  hehehe... I love all the images they carry and will one day own every single one.  For now I'll be happy with the few that I have and continue to practice with them more often.  Ever since I've gotten into Smashing, I've kinda left my coloring to once in a while.  But after vacation (we'll be in NY in a couple of weeks), I plan on getting myself more organized and keeping a better craft schedule.  The Summer months have thrown me off a bit, being that I want to be outdoors, hanging out and spending time with the family... but then again, who doesn't!!??






In any case, the card was very easy to put together using Authentique's "Journey" 6x6 paper pad, a Fiskars ledger border punch, Spellbinders Nestablities dies, Fiskars ticket punch and estate punch, Stampin' Up large oval punch, some blue ribbon from Jo-Ann Fabrics, a $1 Michaels sentiment stamp, white gel pen, Recollections black pearls and, of course, copic markers.

As I said, the card was very simple to put together once the coloring was complete, and I hope you all take the time to do something nice for that special graduate in your life.  =)

Thanks for stopping by and come back again tomorrow when I'll be sharing the 2 cards I made for Father's Day this year.

x0, Damaris


CHALLENGES

1 - Saturated Canary - "Anything Goes" Challenge.
2 - Cute Card Thursday - "Punch Drunk" Challenge.
3 - Daisy Doodles - "Anything Goes" Challenge.







4 comments

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, I do so love your colouring. Hugs Caz x

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

That's very cute.

Christy said...

Super cute Damaris! Love your coloring :)Great card!

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

cool card thanks for joining us at daisy doodles and good luck x