Happy Mother's Day [2]

Hi again Bloggers. 

So, here is the 2nd Mother's Day card I made.  

And this one is for my mommy!  =)

I started out by coloring this Gorjuss stamp to be able to match the My Mind's Eye "Follow Your Heart" collection.  I love that paper so much, that I think I need a 2nd pad.

Anyway, I didn't think I'd use it for a Mother's Day card, but it was just so darling.  I loved using the hexagon paper that came in the pad and cutting out a big chunk of it.  I am still in the process of buying some hexagon dies, punches, stamps WHATEVER I CAN FIND!!  I can't get over how much I love that shape!!

(click photos to enlarge)




Anyway, so I added some Twine from The Twinery "Cappuccino" some punched butterflies (Martha Stewart punch), some pearls by Recollections, a piece of rose trim from a RAK I received from Sharon (thanks girl, I am loving that TRIM!!  Please tell me where I can buy more of that color!!), and some rhinestone buckles that I sell in my Etsy shop.

I didn't have a design in mind, I just went with whatever started to look good basing it on the layout that was already on the page from the paper pad.  I added a polka dot background (to start) and then glued the page you see behind the Gorjuss stamp to the bottom right corner.  I really don't know why I did that, I guess to make it different.  Everything is always centered and perfect.  This one I wanted it to be a bit messy and unique.  =)




And I almost forgot.  I fussy cut the birdcage/banner edge of that top sheet (that got cut off from the edge of the card), and the tiny butterfly, and 1 hexagon shape and added them inside to decorate a little.  It was looking  plain.  I also made another gift card slot using left over scraps from the sheets I used.  FUN!!


That's all.  It was easy, fun and quick to make.  Hopefully you are inspired to make a messy card or layout this week.  It doesn't have to be perfect, or even match, it just has to be pleasing to YOUR eye.

Thanks for checking in.

x0, Damaris

2 comments

Xonetra said...

I just love these stamps lol This card is super cute D! Great layout of everything. Hugs

Unknown said...

Great card!!