Thursday, May 10, 2012

Happy Mother's Day [2]

Hi again Bloggers. 

So, here is the 2nd Mother's Day card I made.  

And this one is for my mommy!  =)

I started out by coloring this Gorjuss stamp to be able to match the My Mind's Eye "Follow Your Heart" collection.  I love that paper so much, that I think I need a 2nd pad.

Anyway, I didn't think I'd use it for a Mother's Day card, but it was just so darling.  I loved using the hexagon paper that came in the pad and cutting out a big chunk of it.  I am still in the process of buying some hexagon dies, punches, stamps WHATEVER I CAN FIND!!  I can't get over how much I love that shape!!

(click photos to enlarge)




Anyway, so I added some Twine from The Twinery "Cappuccino" some punched butterflies (Martha Stewart punch), some pearls by Recollections, a piece of rose trim from a RAK I received from Sharon (thanks girl, I am loving that TRIM!!  Please tell me where I can buy more of that color!!), and some rhinestone buckles that I sell in my Etsy shop.

I didn't have a design in mind, I just went with whatever started to look good basing it on the layout that was already on the page from the paper pad.  I added a polka dot background (to start) and then glued the page you see behind the Gorjuss stamp to the bottom right corner.  I really don't know why I did that, I guess to make it different.  Everything is always centered and perfect.  This one I wanted it to be a bit messy and unique.  =)




And I almost forgot.  I fussy cut the birdcage/banner edge of that top sheet (that got cut off from the edge of the card), and the tiny butterfly, and 1 hexagon shape and added them inside to decorate a little.  It was looking  plain.  I also made another gift card slot using left over scraps from the sheets I used.  FUN!!


That's all.  It was easy, fun and quick to make.  Hopefully you are inspired to make a messy card or layout this week.  It doesn't have to be perfect, or even match, it just has to be pleasing to YOUR eye.

Thanks for checking in.

x0, Damaris
Post a Comment