Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ooh La La Paris!!

Bonjour Bloggers... hehe.

To keep with the "Parisian" theme I've been feeling lately, I decided to alter a KaiserCraft Large Desk Organizer that I purchased in order to have more places to put things on my Smash Table.  


When I bought this thing, which was $20 incidentally, I had NO IDEA it did not come assembled.  So that and painting it (alone) took a day.  I decided to let it be (which is unlike me since I like to finish projects the same day), and start on it today again.

I had no clue how I was going to decorate it, but I knew I would be using the "My Favorite Things" 12x12 pad by Recollections that I bought at Michaels earlier in the year.  


I immediately fell in love with this pad when I first saw it and had forgotten about it.  So as I dug through my 12x12 pads in search of something that stood out, I found this one.  I immediately got to cutting, glueing and embellishing.  The hardest part (if I had to choose one, because honestly everything was difficult - lol), was deciding how I wanted to decorate the little boxes.

I fussy-cut some pieces from the paper and used them as touches all around.  I punched out the banners in the back section with a Fiskars punch and added Rina Bling from KarlaS001's etsy shop.  

Anyway, let's get to the project.  The following photos kinda take you through the process, I got so wrapped up in doing it that I forgot to take photos of more of the steps... hehe.  At first I spray painted it in white, but I changed it later to black.


I glued everything with E600 glue.  











Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.  I'd love to know what you think, so kindly leave me a comment.

Je t'aime, Damaris


Here's a video showing you the project and where I have it on my Smash Desk.




Post a Comment