Sunday, April 08, 2012

LAYOUT BLOG HOP & CANDY!!

Hello my gorgeous darlings.  

I am excited & honored to be a part of my very first layout blog hop alongside my wonderful YouTube Layout Hop group members. The theme of this hop was to share a layout of any kind and also explain how it was made.  I decided I would take a few photos of some of the steps I took to create this layout, so I hope it translates well in written words.  Hehe.

Starting with the paper, I used a 12x12 sheet of BoBunny's - Welcome Home - "Picket Fence" paper and sprayed it with some Tattered Angels "Coffee Shop" Glimmer Mist... you can't see it, but it's there!  lol.  Since I knew I wanted to have at least 2 spots available for 3x4 and 4x6 photos, I was able to first assemble my photo mats and then work my layout around that after I knew where I wanted to place them.

[click photos to enlarge]




The chipboard word "FAMILY" was a piece I found in my chipboard storage box, and I believe this was from "The Sweet Life" collection that was sold a while at ago at Jo-Ann.  I forgot the company who made it, it might've been Colorbok.  In any case, I was not happy with using a pinky/orange piece, so I decided to first paint it a darker blue and then go a few shades lighter.  Just sponging & dabbing the paint down on the piece was enough for it be saturated.  Since the chipboard was shiny, painting in strokes would have left streaks.  I heat-set the chipboard and distressed it with Walnut Distress Ink.

Behind the Tim Holtz "Weathered Clock" diecut is a brick pattern that I created using a stencil by Crafters Workshop and Walnut Distress Ink.


"Family" is not completely adhered to the photo mats,
so that there would be room to insert some photos.



The flowers I used were mostly from Wild Orchid Crafts, but I also added some buds from Michael's sprays and also some flowers that I received in a RAK from my friend Ana.





I wanted to also make an area, for the person who this is going to, to journal something, but I didn't want it to be out in the open.  If I added an area for journaling, it would have to have been small, and I wanted something with enough front and back room.  So creating a secret pocket with the grunge hinge that I alcohol inked, was the perfect idea.  It pulls out and tucks back in.






I accented all around with Recollections bling and Metal Butterfly Pieces that I sell in my Etsy Shop;  (along with other goodies); and the layout was complete.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you return soon.
x0, Damaris



BLOG CANDY!! 


As a thank you for hopping along,
I'd like to send one lucky winner
a package of goodies as seen in the photo above.
Just make sure you follow the rules below.
International hoppers are welcome.

1. SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG.
2. LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW BY 4/12/12.
3.  CLAIM YOUR PRIZE BY 4/20/12.



Your Next Stop on the Hop is: Sharon- http://www.smscrapperdesigns.blogspot.com 


If you get lost, see below for the list of Hoppers.
Post a Comment