Altered Letter L

Hi Friends.

I decided I would change it up a bit again (from always showing you cards) and this time show you an altered project.  My 1st love is probably cards because I can complete 1 or 2 in a day and the feeling of finishing a project gets me motivated to do more.  I really thought altering this letter would take me a day or two, but really it just took me about an hour.

(click on photos to enlarge)


I purchased this letter recently (March 2012 - for those of you reading this post 3 years from now - lol) for $1.50 in "D" for my initial, but then I thought to get a few more and alter them as tiny gifts for friends.  I will have to go back with a list because once I'm there my mind draws a blank and I end up getting none.  





Anyway, so using the Pink Paislee London Market Collection, I decided to distress the edges, glue on the paper, add Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, Recollections bling, and even created a nest at the top (using Wild Orchid Crafts gypsophilla sprays)  where a little birdie can sit.  The bird I got in a 2 pack at the dollar store last year and still have a couple left for any possible future projects.


For the back I sprayed a regular paper doily with 2 types of Tattered Angels and let it dry, then traced the letter over the doily (as I did with the other paper as well), and cut it out then glued it on.  It gives it some texture and definition in the back where it would normally just be plain white or black.

This was super easy and fun to do and I hope it inspires you to grab a letter and alter it using your favorite paper collection.  Don't Hoard It is my new motto this year and so far I've been doing great at using all my new papers and embellies.

x0, Damaris

2 comments

Evethmoon Crafty Creations said...

Hi Damaris, I am new to scrapping and blogging. I found your site while blog hopping and I was on E-Stamperlyn blog before I came here. You have a beautiful blog and i love all your altered art. I recently made a project to hold my markers come check it out. I am now your newest follower. Hugs and God bless!

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

Hey D. Love the altered letter. I am going to have to go to Michaels and get one for myself. I love what you have done with it.
TFS. ANA