Monday, November 28, 2011

30 Days of Christmas - Day 28

Happy Monday.  I hope you all had a great weekend full of tree decorating, shopping and crafting.

Me?  I just did quite a bit of shopping online (more than usual) and I was able to get a little crafty with my copics.  

There are several images that I've colored that don't make it through to the final cut (the card), and maybe (if you'd like) I'll make a post showing the images I never got to use.  And maybe it'll motivate me to actually use them and make something with it.  Even if it's just a tag.  (I'm not good at making those though).


Anyway, Day 28 of 30 Days of Christmas was a bit of a challenge.  First of all if you ever search for a die or a card of this shape you won't find it.  This snowflake card was a "bright idea" I had while browsing the aisles of Michaels one day.  I saw a package of bare snow flake light weight chipboard and thought they were cards.  After much investigation I found they were pieces, but was so enamored by the shape of the snowflake that I had to buy it and figure out a way to make it into a card.

 
3 weeks after I bought the darn package I finally took it out and started to play with it.  I figured a way to weld both pieces together with 1 sheet of paper and make it look like an authentic card.  Not rocket science, I know, but it's pretty difficult for a sleepless crafter with a toddler running around.


 
The rest of the card is self-explanatory.  The image was almost sent to the "Not Gonna Use It, It's Ugly" pile, but I was not in the mood to color her over again and I wanted to get this RUSHED card over with.. lol.



I hope you like it and I hope you're back tomorrow for another card.

x0, Damaris



How To Win "30 Days of Christmas"
Santa's Blog Candy!!

1. Follow my blog.
[see sidebar]

2. Leave a comment.
[more chances to win if you comment on all 30 days]

3. Add this badge to your blog linking back to mine.



SUPPLIES
* Snowflake shapes
* MME Lost & Found Christmas 6x6 pad
* TGF "Dressy Ebony" digi 
* Copic markers
* Recollections bling-on-a-roll & cardstock
* Celebrate It ribbon
* Martha Stewart "Holly" punch
* MME designer music note paper
* Fiskars 2.5" and 2" circle punch
* Spellbinders lacey circle die
* Fiskars tiny snowflake punch
* Distress Ink: Peeled paint & Brick Red
* Artminds dimensionals, hot glue & Tombow mono glue
Post a Comment