Three Cards!!

I thought I'd share 3 cards I made this week, that's a HUGE record for me.  I usually make 1 every 2 weeks!!  Hahahaa... I was inspired by being put under pressure to make something for my niece for Easter and then for Mother's Day.  There is a private swap I am involved in, and one of the things on the list is a Mother's Day card.  I don't know if I should make more (for my mother-in-law) or send one of these.  In any case, here they are.


The first was made using DCWV "Old World" 6x4 Mat Stack.  It was simple & fun.  I used 2 different sets of Recollections stickers (banner and chick), added buttons, brads and a sentiment.  The background sheet is stitched and the inside is blank.


The 1st Mother's Day card was inspired by a Hampton Art cling stamp.  I'm not sure if the photo will allow, but if you look closely you might be able to see the stitching I added to the DCWV "Old World" Mat Stack sheet. 



I embossed the stamped background with Versafine ink and colored the butterfly with Stampin Up ink pads and a water color pen.  The sentiment is from Studio G and the flowers are from Colorbok and Recollections.
  

 



For the last card, incidentally, I used this butterfly that was supposed to be a tester coloring session with my Bic Markers; (which was stamped 1st for the card above, but the image was grainy and faded so I stamped it over and used the 2nd image for the card above).  I recently purchased a set of 24 markers just to get me used to the idea of coloring images with markers and help me understand the art of blending.  I didn't think I would use the butterfly, but after I was done I loved the colors and how it turned out.  I thought for a split second that maybe I should attempt to look for paper that would match this impossible set of colors and a light bulb turned on immediately.  


The DCWV "Mariposa" stack would be PERFECT for this card.  And as you can see, it was!!  I can't believe how coincidental it was and how it turned out to be a real gem.  For the craft cardstock card I sprayed it with Lindy's Starburst Winter Jasmine Gold to continue with the "gold" theme that the designer paper would have me use.  


The DCWV "Tradewinds" stack was used to set the tone for the sentiment, along with a orangy/copper/gold sheet from the "Mariposa" Mat stack.  I used the Labels 3 Spellbinders Nestabilities Die in various sizes.  The sentiment is from Stampin Up and the green butterflies were punched with a Martha Stewart punch and embellished with Recollections champagne pearls.  The cranberry grossgrain ribbon was added for a speck of colored interest and texture (and because I made a tiny mistake on the cut of the paper, but no one has to know but us, right?? - LOL)

All in all, I think it came out very nice and I thought I'd share it with you.
 



Thanks for stopping by.

x0, Damaris



2 comments

ScrapBliss ~ Yvonne M. said...

Hola Boricua! The butterflies on these cards are amazing. You did an awesome job coloring!
Yvonne ~ LDG DT

Sharon said...

Awesome job girly!