Sweet Getaway.

I can't help but think about many of the people that don't own electronic file cutting machines, and how they would enjoy to create a layout that looks like it's been cut by one.  Well today I'm sharing one that eludes to that type of scrappy page, but is actually created the "old school" way.



My secret?  Punches.  You can dust those off and still put them to good use.  I grabbed a basic triangle punch and the new "Wild Heart" collection by Crate Paper.  The patterns are busy and loud (like me - lol), and I wanted to showcase as much of it as possible on one page wthout it looking cluttered.  The easier way may be to use a cut file, but alas, we're focusing our attention today to those individuals that have not yet taken the cut machine plunge, (for whatever reason).



I layered each punched triangle to form a shape.  The shape I was going for a was a heart; simple enough, but you can also make a wreath of circles, or a leafy border at the top.  Be creative with your punches and think outside the box.  If there's a cut file that you love, but can't use, try to recreate it with what you have.

Once my triangles were glued down, I went in with my sewing machine and created borders around each piece.  You can do this step by hand if you don't own a sewing machine.  I tried to incorporate techniques that can be reproduced different ways; by hand. Those same stitch lines can be done with a gel pen or with hand stitching.  Once my background was complete, the rest came together using stickers, diecuts and chipboard elements from the same line.

I finished everything off with journaling.  I've been trying my best to journal more on my layouts, but I am picky.  I find that if I just add a random tag or journal spot somewhere, it looks "out of place", so I try to write my memories in spaces or areas where there's natural flow throughout.   In this case, it was all around that stitched / punched heart.  I don't always get to write EVERYTHING I want to say, but I write it so that it fits perfectly in the space I am limited to.


Also, I'm entering this layout into the Paper Issues "Get Chippy" challenge; it's simple... just use chipboard on your paper project.

Check out the Facebook Community of paper crafters for more inspiration and month long challenges, and for each entry you submit / share, you are qualified to win one of two gift cards to the shop.  And speaking of shops, click HERE to be taking directly there to grab some goodies.  And feel free to use my 20% discount code for your total purchase price.  Each sale, awards me a few dimes for my purchase to the shop.




I appreciate you taking the time to visit me today and I hope I've been an inspiration to you.

Until next time...

x0, Damaris
-AtStudioD

No comments