Christmas Magic - PLS Project


Hello and Happy Friday!  We're midway through December and I'd like to inspire you today with a fun layout.

But first, I'm excited to share that I was asked to guest design for Pretty Little Studio this month.  I'm a busy little bee aren't I?  How do I do it?  #TeamCoffee   I'll be on the Pretty Little Studio Blog for the next couple of days, and I'll also be offering a fun giveaway on one of the days, so be sure to check back each day!

Before we get to the layout, I was asked a few questions that would help their blog readers get to know me better, so if you're interested in the full "interview" you can and some fun facts, check out their blog... in the mean time I will leave you with 1 question... 
2 - When did you start scrapbooking?
I started in my teens (roughly 28 years ago), cutting out magazine photos and gluing them to spiral hardcover notebooks, adding my thoughts about the photo and also documenting poems and fun quotes.  Somewhere around 2005 I found a store called Michael's on one of my Florida visits and fell instantly in love.  That prompted the start of my first "real" scrapbook, where I documented my dating journey with my soon to be husband.  Incidentally, I never finished that scrapbook.  We all have one of those, don't we?
Okay, now on to the good stuff!



image2.jpegTo break the monotony of the white background, I began with mint green spritzing.  I then used a Tim Holtz stencil and modeling paste to create a snow effect over the mint color forming a diagonal flow from the upper left to the lower right of the page.  The giant snowflake background is a free cut file that I grabbed from the Paper Issues shop; and hand-stitched.  That took a couple days, due to sleep, breaks and life.  I backed up the file cut snowflake with Pretty Little Studio pattern paper, but since the paper wasn't large enough for the entire snowflake, I had to cover up one of the snowflake edges with embellishments.  Unless you have a good eye, you'll never know.. and I'll never tell.  lol.  I worked mainly with the "Wonderland" color theme, incorporating the "Wonderland" houses, and die cuts from "Winter Joy".

image3.jpeg

I used a snowflake stamp from "Holly Jolly" to add extra fun texture to the background, and snowflake stickers from "Merry & Bright".  All collections are still in stock on their website, and a lot of their product is up to 75% off right now.  ​I finished off the page using the following embellishments: Paper Issues free file cut snowflakes, Nuvo white drops, crystal sequins and a few more items from the PLS shop like a flair and some die cuts.  I love the turn out and I hope it inspires you to dig into your stash and use your goodies to create pretty pages.  The kind that you'll want to look back on for years go come.


Thanks for checking in today.  If you have time this week, please feel free to visit my other social media accounts.  I'm pretty active on Instagram, sharing daily inspiration and fun/silly IG stories.


Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/atstudiod/

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/atstudiod/

Pinterest:  https://www.pinterest.com/atstudiod/
-AtStudioD

No comments