Layouts Galore!

Over the weekend I participated in the Paper Issues Online "Spring Crop".  They have several challenges that were very interesting and fun.  I absolutely LOVED it because it allowed me to pull out some of my hoarded supplies and use them together with new photos.


The first page I'm sharing below is fully loaded with Dear Lizzy product.  I just love the Neapolitan collection she designed and it was the perfect fit for a photo of myself and Giovanni sharing an ice cream.  I am not sure if you noticed or care, but at the bottom of the 12x12 pages there is always a strip of paper labelled by the name of the designer and the paper.  Most of the time this strip of paper comes with a pattern that is not always introduced in 12x12 version, but does work great with the collection.  I like to use those as "fillers".  Meaning, pieces that I add, that serves a dual purpose.  For the page below I used a end-strip to not only ground my photo on the page, but also to add my journaling; since it was a dark grey striped paper.  I love the look of hidden journaling on pages.


This second page started out messy.  I used a brick wall stencil and several colored sprays by different manufacturers, mainly Heidi Swapp and Studio Calico.  The challenge was named "Rainbow" and it prompted crafters to use at least 5 colors of the rainbow in ROYGBV order.  I was able to do just that on this layout.  I ended up cutting an additional piece of white card stock (at an angle, because I strategically wanted to cover two things.  1 - the fact that not all the bricks were the same length on the page (for some reason I kept moving the stencil further down the closer I got to the right side of the page), and 2 - the fact that I did not size the colors evenly and ended up with too much purple, which needed to be strategically (there goes that word again!) covered with my two photos.  I really had a blast with this one.  I was able to pull out my very organized-by-color diecuts box and arrange the pieces in such a way that it provides dimension and color-sequencing.  The diecuts range from Elle's Studio, Jillibean Soup and Amy Tangerine.  Also, I chose to add my fur-babies to this layout because when I think of Rainbows, I think of the story of Noah, who built an arc and after it rained for 40 days and nights, he received a symbol and confirmation that God will never again destroy the planet earth by rain.  So this is my very own arc of pets.  A malti-poo and a bunny... and I just may and a cute little piggy too one day!

Image may contain: textThe Paper Issues Spring Crop is open until March 26th.  I plan to complete each and every challenge, just because I found them to be so fun, it helped me tap into my missing mojo and I am actually using the products I once loved and forgot about.

[LINKS]
Paper Issues - Facebook Group
Paper Issues - Spring Crop
Paper Issues - Instagram
Paper Issues - Website (blog & shop)

The best part is, if you use the code "UNICORN" in their shop, you will receive 30% off your purchase!


Thanks for checking in and be sure to return for more 12x12 layouts that I created over the weekend!
-AtStudioD

No comments