2 Elegant Cards

Hello my lovely darlings.

As you read this, I'm probably getting myself ready for my niece's wedding today.  Let's pray that it's not that humid in NY and that nothing goes wrong with my outfit, makeup and/or hair.

I'm so proud of Michelle (my niece), for keeping herself pure til her wedding, for waiting until she was absolutely SURE that he was the right person to marry.... and I'm also very proud and honored that she asked me to create her wedding invitations; which you've already seen in a prior post.  But if you missed that blog, just click HERE.

Today I'd like to share with you the wedding card I created for her.  


It involves some diecuts by Spellbinders, some embossing by Sizzix and lots of hot glue!! hehe.  I absolutely love this card, mostly because I was worried about making it.  I wanted it to look elegant, classy, yet very eye-catching.  I think I pulled it off.  I hope she loves it and I hope she treasures it forever.


The sentiment is a BoBunny Press vellum sticker that my husband picked out (out of 4 different choices), and at first I was hesitant because it's not your "normal" or "usual" wedding card sentiment, but I like that it was different, and I LOVED that I was able to add a nice big "Diamond" bling to the ring.  hehe.


I polished off the card with WOC (Wild Orchid Crafts) flowers (my favorite) and a grossgrain ribbon.
It's perfect and I hope she adores it as much as I do.






The 2nd card I'd like to share was very easy.  The only "hard work" I did was diecutting the scalloped piece that shelters the "Congratulations" sentiment (which is also a BoBunny Press vellum sticker).  I made this for my sister.  We will still be in NY when she celebrates her wedding anniversary and I wanted to make sure that I give her something special.  


The bling at the bottom of the scallop border (which was cut with an MFT die), is by Recollections and is called "Bling on a Roll".  I added Recollections pearls in the center to finish it off.


I hope you enjoyed seeing both cards and will take the time to create an elegant card for an upcoming event.  Don't be intimidated... what's helped me is to sit in front of the desk with no time limit and be free to do whatever.  Those are the best creations, in my opinion.

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and I hope you have a wonderful week.

x0, Damaris


The video below shows a closer view of these cards.


2 comments

Evethmoon Crafty Creations said...

Hi Damaris, First I want to congratulate you on the wedding invites and the wedding card for your niece and the Anniversary card to your sister. All were wonderful works of art. I loved seeing the video because I was able to see all the cards in more detail. Now second if you were here on the 7 of July I do not have to tell you how hot it was. I was at my nephews graduation BBQ and it felt like 110 degrees with the high humidity out side. I am so glad it cooled down on Sunday for your niece wedding and I hope you had an unforgettable time and will please give us a sneak peek with some pics from the wedding when you come back. Hugs

Caroline said...

Just found your blog and all your projects are beautiful. The wedding invites are gorgeous and the wedding and anniversary card's are fantastic. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Caroline xxx