Happy Birthday, Princess.

Last week mom asked me to make her a card for my niece Nathalle (the same niece I just made a card for that I shared with you in a previous blog post), and I totally forgot about it!!  I had been very mentally occupied with new ideas, organizing, tracking packages and other things, so when she called me yesterday to say they were coming over for a visit and to spend time with their grandson, she asked about the card.  I was honest in telling her I forgot and said I would quickly work on it.  I didn't have much time since they would arrive in an hour and I wanted to also cook dinner early so they can stay to eat before they went to church, so I had to make the card super quick.


(using random pieces of trim & ribbon, I created the image of a "fondant" birthday cake" with Recollections flowers & bling on a roll and Studio 112 teardrop bling... the swiss dots embossed background was made with vellum and the candle sticks are really just a punched "Word Window" punch by Stampin' Up, that I cut down to look like candles.)


What I did she "kinda" liked, but was hoping that I would use one of the "dolls" (as she calls it, referring to the images that I use to color with copics), and I had not any ready to match the card I was making.  She wanted to me put one near the cake, but it just didn't look right.  She doesn't understand that, to me, making cards is very important.  My name and reputation are going on them and if I created a mediocre card I would never be able to live down the regret.  lol.  


So I had to grab another pre-printed image (thank God for digis), and get to coloring.  They left to run errands as I finished, and even though the image matched the theme of the card, I still did not feel comfy putting it on the outside.  So I compromised and added her to the inside.  lol.


I think it's cute and for a quick card, it's pretty darn okay.  LOL.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back during the week with more project shares.

x0, Damaris


4 comments

Sharon said...

I Love, love, LOVE that cake you made. Did I tell you I love it??? lol

kim.scrapper said...

I think its more than ok, its fabulous. I love how you made the cake, you are so smart!, Hugz, Kim

The Coco Martha said...

D, this card is fab!

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

The cake is so cute and original. I don't think I have ever seen a cake made with embellishments. Mom's sometimes don't understand any of the scrapping stuff we do. The image is super cute.
TFS