Le Tres Chic


(click on photos to enlarge) 
It's been a couple of days since I show you what I've been working on, and that's because I've actually been working on stuff... lol.  Except for yesterday and today, when I just did some online window shopping; which is a lie, because window shopping would infer that I didn't buy anything, which I did!!

Anyway, I wanted to share with you a few little cards I made using the DCWV Le Tres Chic 4x6 matstack that I got last week.  Normally would hoard something that I just bought (at least 3 months) before I tear into it and use it, but I am trying to break that bad habit this year and use all my stuff.  They might be old paper pads to you, but to me they're just getting dusted off and opened up.  Hehe.

I really loved the Eiffel Tower page and thought it was perfect as is for a card front.  I added a few flowers, some tickets and ribbon just to embellish it.  



Inside I used a new die by MFT Stamps "Eiffel Tower" to glam-up a simple white background.



Using the same stack I cut pieces of paper and punched butterflies and other shapes to make quick small note cards.  I think they are the perfect size to accompany a box of cookies or a gift basket for Valentine's Day.


For a few of them I used table scraps and for others I got to digging in my metal die storage and cut out some pieces that I used on the front.


All the edges are distressed and all the cards have some sort of bling on it... an easy way to make a regular "store-bought" note card look personalized and pretty.



Thanks for stopping by and have a GREAT weekend!!
x0, Damaris


2 comments

kim.scrapper said...

So pretty, I see you used your eiffel tower die you got the other day too, its time we all started using our stash, great job!

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

You are definitely on a roll Ms. Damaris. You have gone card crazy. Have you considered hosting a blog hop where everyone makes a card and incorporate a theme you like? I think you would be really good at it. Try it some time.
I agree with kim.scrapper, it is great to use what you already have. I have learned that this year and plan on following it.

TFS