30 Days of Christmas - Day 11

Happy 11/11/11!!

I scheduled this post for exactly 11/11/11 at 11:11am.  Cool huh?  Wouldn't it be even cooler if this blog post was chosen randomly and the 11th person won it?  If that's the case, I'd say the winner should play the lotto and remember me... lol.

Okay, enough with the silly banter.

Today's 30 Days of Christmas card is very fun & bright.  I tried to create a skating scene in the middle of a small town by using a sheet of acetate, some glitter and some versamark ink.

In person you can see that the acetate sheet has streaks on it; something I made on purpose to look like the "ice" was recently skated on.  I placed the acetate "rink" on top of white cardstock that I distressed with "broken china" to look like slushy ice... it was creatively challenging to do, but I am very happy with the results.

(click on photos to enlarge)


The "snowy hills" you see in the background weren't there when I started.  I made a "hill" template by hand and distressed with "broken china" over the template to create a shadowy snowy mountain in the background.  I loved doing this.  I would've added tons more, but the card would've looked a mess!!





If none of the 2 winners chooses this card, I think I'll send it to my niece in NY.  She'll love it!!  =)

Be Blessed.
x0, Damaris



How To Win "30 Days of Christmas"
Santa's Blog Candy!!

1. Follow my blog.
[see sidebar]

2. Leave a comment.
[more chances to win if you comment on all 30 days] 


3. Add this badge to your blog linking back to mine.



SUPPLIES
* Purple card & envelope
* Copic markers 
* PCS - "Lily Ice Skating" digi stamp
* Webster's Pages "Botanical Christmas & Winter FairyTales" paper
* Recollections dew drops
* Recollections cardstock
* Sizzix Tree, Christmas #2 die
* Uni-Ball Signo white gel pen
* Acetate sheet
* Penguin sticker (unknown)
* Iridescent sparkle embossing powder
* Studio G. clear & magenta glitter glue
* Distress inks - peeled paint & broken china
* Artful Minds dimensionals
* Scotch quick-dry adhesive & glossy accents

12 comments

kim.scrapper said...

Damaris, this is so cute! I think you should send it to your neice anyways and not have it as part of your giveaway. I love all the little details you added to this. Girl, you are rockin these cards.

jessica said...

OMG this is too cute!! I love the little girl and that penguin is adorable~
Another FAB card!
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

Dottie said...

Too too cute! That is absolutely adorable!
Dottie
duckigrrl@gmail.com
http://dottieslifeathome.blogspot.com

sarajeank said...

Your niece will love this card!!!its adorable the details are awesome.thanks for sharing,sarah.hope
your having a good weekend.

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

Super cute and creative card. The penguin is adorable and my favorite.
TFS.

Darla said...

Very cute and crafty!! Great layers.

Sonia said...

Beautiful card very whimsy and fun!

crafty jo said...

great card sparkly snow love the ice skating girl hugs joanne

Sharon said...

This card is SO fun! i love EVERYTHING about it!
smscrapper@gmail.com

Hopelynn said...

love the penguin...one word...AWESOME~hugs hopelynn
hopelynnv76@msn.com

ttc4toolong said...

PENGUIN!!! Soooo cute!!! I think this is a perfect card for your niece! It is very playful and something she will cherish. I love how realistic the card looks.

-Lydia
ttc4toolong@aim.com
http://ttc4toolong.blogspot.com/

An'Jenic G. said...

Will I wouldnt be the 11th person but maybe the 12th would win. ME ME! LOL Love your card and your penguin are so cute!

jeria22@yahoo.com