Craftroom Revamp In Progress


Hi Dolls, it's been a minute huh?

What have I been up to?  Well for starters, I'm working a full time job, part time job, I've been very active on Instagram, as well as working on decluttering my entire home this year.  I do make project, but you'll have to follow my crafty IG account to see those.

After many years, many moves, and may craft spaces; I'm finally feeling like I've encountered craftroom peace.  Kinda like the two dozen planners sitting in your room right now, I have felt the same "not good enough" feeling about my craft organization and layout.

Until NOW...

I'm here today, to express my contentment with my current room situation and share a peek at one corner of my room that IS 100% done.  As far as the rest of the room, it's getting there.  I would like to make my scrapbook table more funtional (if that makes sense), and do a lot more downsizing (decluttering), but for the most part I consider it 90%.  There are also a few minor projects I'd like to complete, for example the rollerstamp legend (that I started like 3 years ago - lol), but aside from projects, I am excited about the layout and I don't believe I will change it again until we move in 2021.  *crossing fingers*

I say all that just to say that this blog is about my close space, and the items I used to make it asthetically pleasing, as well as functional.  Links are below and I hope you will join me in being #clutterfreein2019.


1 - I recently got the idea from my best friend Teri Beri (@TeriBeri2_CraftyIG), to remove the doors to the closet.  In a set of IG stories a few weeks back, I shared the closet space & organization and made mention of the fact that I would not be able to move the punches pink rolling cart out from the right corner of the closet, but I was "okay" with it.  She immediately messaged me and suggested I remove the closet doors and hang up some curtains.  I wasn't entirely sure if hubby would approve, (I respect his opinion, and I kinda need him to do it for me - lol), and was surprised when he said "sure".  So I got busy searching for the perfect set of girly curtains and found them HERE.  I used a Downy Wrinkle Release spray that I found at Target (and works WONDERS on clothes), to smooth out the wrinkles in the curtains, but they may need some ironing.  *good grief*

2 - I used these sticky back HOOKS and this lightweight white ROD to hang the curtains without making holes in the wall.  The hooks (if you zoom in) stick very well to walls that are not smooth.  I made sure I researched this detail as I did not want anything falling down after a few weeks or months.  I even use the sticky hooks on the side of my desk to hold my heat tool and glue gun, so that my craft table isn't cluttered with supplies.

3 - The white storage units in the closet are by Ikea, and the white plastic storage bins inside the units are from Target.  I don't know if those are still available, but you can just as well use THESE that come in many colors and are made of fabric. 

4 - I get asked A LOT about the pink & rose gold trunks at the right corner of my closet; and those were a love gift from me to me.  I had been eyeing those for at least a year before I pulled the plug.  You can grab a set HERE, and they also come in 2 other colors.

5 - The Printer area is my favorite.  I used 2 organizers to keep all the different types of paper, labels & sticker sheets in order and labeled.  The 4 Tiered Tower is extremely sturdy, and I've had it for at least a year.  It comes in pieces, which you can build straight up or at a slant.  I labeled each tier on the side, and it contains my most commonly used sheets.  The White Organizer Printer Stand is my favorite.  The drawers can be completely removed and used elsewhere, or placed in the top section.  I decided to leave the top two areas open, and keep the drawers at the bottom.  It comes already assembled and is very heavy.  It can even hold your TV, if you decide to use it for our living room or bedroom.

6 - The rocker/glider chair was purchased from a local vendor, and is super comfy.  I wanted a spot for hubby or Gio to join me for some TV time as I crafted.  Which essentially is why I changed the layout back to the open space in the center of the room.  However, the color of the chair was beige, almost yellow and I needed it white.  I like things to look cohesive and match, so I was able to purchase a white seat cover.  The one in the photo has ruffles, but it seems to have since sold out.  HERE is another I found from the same company without the flirty ruffles at the bottom.

7 - The Rose Gold Clock on the wall to the left has been with me since I moved into this new house, and you can still grab that today.

8 - The pink & white letterboard is from Hobby Lobby, but what you don't see is the clear case I use to keep all my letters organized in sections.  I grabbed it HERE, and they're miraculously still in stock!  Keep in mind, it will only fit letters up to 2" high.

9 - The pink square ottoman storage holds my backup 6x12 thicker stickers, and a similar one can be found HERE.

10 - And my most used item in this photo is my printer.  An Epson inkjet printer, scanner, copier.  It easily prints double-sided pages, without having to remove the paper, flip and insert.  It takes the guess work out of printing your own double sided documents or The Reset Girl Playbooks, but the best part is the price.  Click HERE to grab one for yourself.  It's wireless, lightweight, easy to use, and will connect easily to your silhouette software too!


One last thing.  The Pink Rolling Cart you see in the closet is currently out of stock at Michaels, but I found something similar for you, with quick shipping.  You will just need to assemble.  I have 3 other pink carts on the other side of my room, and I love how easy things are to store and how accessible the supplies are.

As I mentioned earlier, I have a few more things to work before I share a full reveal.  I'm really hoping to be done by the end of April, so I can film a craftroom tour for my New YouTube Channel.  Be sure to subscribe, so you don't miss out on new content.

In the meantime, you can follow my Crafty Instagram (@AtStudioD) for project shares, organization tips, updates, and just day to day silliness.

In other news, I was featured in the gallery of the Spring 2019 edition of Scrapbooks & Cards Today magazine and invite you to grab a copy today at JoAnn Fabrics, Barnes & Nobles, or  download a digital copy.

Thanks for checking in, and let me know in the comments below if you have any questions.

x0, D


-AtStudioD

No comments