Girl Glam.

It's Banner Day!  And I created a sweet single page layout using punches and whatever was on my desk from having made 3 other layouts when my mojo was running rampant back in July.

Here again, I'm showcasing my "backing thickers" technique.  This is something I happen to have come across with this particular set of alphas.  They were a part of the "Here and There" Crate Paper collection and they're called "BEACH".  The inside of the thicker (white) separates from the outline and instead of trying to keep them togther I took it as a challenge to create something different.  Hence the term "backing thickers".


I wanted the page to be dainty and elegant, but also simple with light touches of mixed media.  If you look closely you may find some stamped impressions made with London Fog Memento ink.  I preferred to use a light gray ink to keep the softness of the page.



The banner was created with circle and bow punches.  First I punched out white circles, folded them in half and added foam adhesive in the center of the folded circle - to create dimension.  Then I punched circles out of patterned paper, folded in half, cut in half and glued half of the circle over the intial folder over circle.  I placed them in a hanging shape (or form on the layout itself), and added the backed thickers over them.  Pretty simple and pretty.  I like all the white space on the page, with just a few diecuts from the Maggie Holmes "Flourish" collection.  This came together very quickly, and I have room to journal my thoughts as well.



If you're in need of new supplies, you can visit the shop HERE.  And use my discount code "Damaris" to save 20% off of your entire purchase.  And when you are done shopping, visit the PI Friends & Fans Facebook Group to share your projects.  Each entry counts towards winning one of two gift cards to the Paper Issues shop!  You can use your gift cards and the discount code in one purchase!  How cool!



Take care, and thanks for stopping by!

-AtStudioD

No comments