Guest Designer - Pebbles, Inc.

Hi Dolls!

How difficult it's been to contain my excitement for the past few months?  Very!  I'm thrilled to be working as a Guest Designer for Pebbles this month.  I've been keeping this huge secret in a vault, with very little Instagram hints... maybe... lol; and I'm ready to burst!

As you know, I am a huge fan of keeping my hands busy with paper supplies.  I made a couple of projects to inspire you with today, so sit tight and grab a cup of your favorite beverage. 


The first share is a layout I made using a ton of Pebbles' "Patio Party" supplies, hand stitching, and my Silhouette Cameo V3 machine... (see below for a detailed list).  I tend to print my photos in black and white, allowing more emphasis and focus on the patterned paper and design.  Also, the layout has a more "vintage" feel; which I enjoy from time to time.  The scene was created to resemble a life size garden.  Maybe something out of Alice in Wonderland; full of flowers, grass, a large picket fence, lawn decor and even a giant watering can. 


When I initially photograph my layouts, I tend to leave out the journaling.  I create specific spots on my layouts where I'm able to squeeze in my thoughts without disturbing or interrupting the rest of the layout.  I used to leave out the journaling and "speak" about where it would go, but I feel photos help explain things better.  Which is why the clouds in the next few photos are blank.  I purposely used the grid "Just For You" patterned paper from the collection, to help me keep my writing somewhat straight.


I cut the grass using a thin metal die and the word "Garden" was made with a free cut file called "Paint Outline Alpha" (see below).  A lot of the extra little touches are die cuts and stickers, topped with beautiful dimensional butterfly stickers from the collection.



The majority of the work (believe it or not) was in the stitching.  Everything else came together fairly quickly.  Because there are so many beautiful patterns in this collections (both sides of each sheet), I tried to incorporate as many as I could on this first layout.  Cutting out words or elements and backing them up with patterned paper is one of the ways you can use your supplies and showcase the product on your layouts.  I love the whimsical feel of this page.  It's clean, yet full of life; all at once.

One thing I will say is that I don't always start out knowing what I want to create, but the Patio Party collection did inspire me to sketch something out before I got to cutting anything... here's my original idea.  I was lucky enough to find the watering can cut file (to match my sketch) in the Silhouette shop, as well as a fence.
As promised, I'm sharing all the items used on my project.

Garden Layout - Pebbles "Patio Party" Supplies: 
- Ephemera Cardstock
- Dimensional Stickers (butterflies)
- Wood Veneer Layered Stickers (printed)
- 12x12 Paper "Patio Life"
- 12x12 Paper "Citrus Sweet"
- 12x12 Paper "Just For You"
- 12x12 Paper "Bouquets"
- 12x12 Paper "Panels"
- 12x12 Paper "Ferns"
- 12x12 Paper "Mocktails"
- 12x12 Paper "Shady Spot"
- 12x12 Paper "Backyard Blooms"
- 12x12 Paper "Painted Beetles"
- 12x12 Paper "Breezy"
- Thicker Stickers (words printed cardstock)
- 6x12 Cardstock Stickers (icons & phrases)
- "Paint Outline Alpha" Free Cut File
- White Cardstock
- Needled & Thread
- Nuvo Crystal Drops (white)


Now let's move on to the next page!

What's great about Pebbles' cardstock is that it comes with border strips.  On one side of the 12x12 sheet there's a full strip of patterned paper (matching the collection), measuring less than an inch thick.  On the other side is the name of the sheet.  I pulled out the paper that had the striped edges and cut those off to make top and bottom borders on my next layout.

This next project is just as busy, but I used a dark background in order to make the colors come alive!  Again, I used my Cameo to cut the "Bubbles" free file (see below), and kept it white.  Incorporating cardstock stickers and ephemera, I was able to build my page nicely, and topped it off with a fun title, with just enough room for journaling.




To be honest, I could not decide between three different tags to use from the "Just For You" patterned paper.  All three colors and designs were perfect for this layout, so I ended up using all three in a cascading layer.  I'm still able to see the peekaboo colors / designs, without having too much clutter on my project.


I really had fun with this page... pulling from the colors in the photo.  It was a simple collaboration of greens, blues and pinks.  Take a look at the supplies used below.

Party BIG Layout - Pebbles "Patio Party" Supplies: 
- Ephemera Cardstock
- Wood Veneer Layered Stickers (printed)
- 12x12 Paper "Patio Life"
- 12x12 Paper "Citrus Sweet"
- 12x12 Paper "Just For You"
- 12x12 Paper "Bouquets"
- 12x12 Paper "Tablescape"
- 12x12 Paper "From Me To You"
- 12x12 Paper "Ferns"
- 12x12 Paper "Scattered Posies"
- 12x12 Paper "Mocktails"
- 12x12 Paper "Backyard Blooms"
- 12x12 Paper "Recipe Cards"
- Thicker Stickers (words printed cardstock)
- 6x12 Cardstock Stickers (icons & phrases)
- "Bubbles" Free Cut File
- White Cardstock




When I've completed a project or two (if I'm using the same collection), I tend to gather the scraps remaining pieces to create with.  Simply because I really don't enjoy waste.  If I don't use it for something, then I share it with my son or the teachers at my church for classroom projects.  This time around, though, I used the majority of the scraps from my first two layouts to make a couple of handmade cards.  I wanted something easy to build, yet pretty.  The "Patio Party" collection allowed me to do just that.



Handmade Cards - Pebbles "Patio Party" Supplies: 
- Single-sided 6x6 Paper Pad
- Ephemera Cardstock
- Dimensional Stickers (flowers)
- Wood Veneer Layered Stickers (printed)
- Puffy Stickers Words & Icons
- Safety Pins (gold)
- 12x12 Paper "Bouquets"
- 12x12 Paper "Glow"
- 12x12 Paper "Patio Life"
- 12x12 Patterned Paper scraps
- White String


I appreciate you taking the time to visit with me today, and hope you have found some inspiration.

Please feel free to leave a comment and follow me on social media. I am very active on Instagram... you will always find me sharing behind the scenes work and tips there as well.

Have a wonderful rest of your week!

x0, D

IG - http://www.instagram.com/AtStudioD
FB - http://www.facebook.com/AtStudioD
PIN - http://www.pinterest.com/AtStudioD




No comments