Break The Rules.

Whoever said that every layout needs a title, may have been the same person to set the rule that a collection must match the photo(s).  It's just not so.  And I have been known to be guided in my scrapbooking life by those rules.  The truth is, no one knows who made them up, and it's absolutely OKAY to break them.  Scrapbooking should be personal to you.  How you want to express yourself in your pages.  How you want to document your memories.  Don't feel overwhelmed with popularity.  Do what pleases you.  Do what comes naturally.  If you want to add flowers to a boy's layout, go right ahead.  Your memories are yours, and told by your point of view.

Today's layout comes with no title.  Sure we can imagine that the words/phrase on the photo frame counts as a title... but therein lies yet another rule; in which titles need to be big and bold and easily seen.  I'm breaking all kinds of rules with this layout.  Including the fact that I left out the year from the date.  



I used mostly Paige Taylor Evans "Turn The Page", with the exception of a photo frame from Becky Higgins Project Life.  I used 2 sides of 1 12x12 pattern paper to create division between the butterflies, and the teal border.  The journal tag is also by PTE and the doily was what I had on hand.  I fussy cut the flowers from another pattern paper, and added cross-hand-stitching to the teal border.  Stitching has become my current favorite technique! 

My desire for you is that you make time to use your supplies, and create art journals, layouts, cards or anything involving your beautiful paper that pleases you, and to tell your story, your way, through your own craft style.


Thanks for checking in and please see below for a list of recommended links.  Also, don't forget to take advantage of my 20% discount "Damaris" at the PI Shop.  Where, spending $60 earns you free priority US shipping.


LINKS
Paper Issues Shop
PI Family & Friends FB Group

-AtStudioD

No comments