Love His Beard.

So remember when I said that I wanted to do all of the Paper Issues Spring Crop challenges by the end of the weekend?  I epically failed!  However, I was able to create 3-4 more layouts.  I already shared one of them on my IG feed.  If you're interested in seeing it please visit my IG: @AtStudioD...

The challenge I'm sharing today was to document someone you love.  My husband pretended to be offended, since the layout was not necessarily about him.  I pulled out paper from an old hoarded collection by Simple Stories called "Summer Vibes" and added die cuts, thickers and stickers to create a half messy page.
I'm a little bummed that I did not add the journaling before I took the photo.  The truth is, I was not going to add journaling since I am able to remember details by just looking at each photo.  But if anyone were to ever look a my layouts, they'll assume - by the looks of this page - that I just really loved my husband's beard.  Except, that's not the story behind the photo.

It wasn't until I recently listened to an episode of "Live Inspired" (with Host Tracie Claiborne and Special Guest Host Amy Sorensen called "Telling Our Stories"), that I didn't understand the need to tell the actual story behind the photo, and not just what is obviously happening in the photo.  I never thought or really cared to scrapbook the occasion or the why or the reason or the humor behind what was going on in the photo; because again, photos are able to jog a memory for me.  But I'm finding that scrapbooking isn't just making pretty pages to display in my living room.  I have a lifetime of stories I'd like to keep and share.

So I am still sharing this unfinished layout, but I will be adding some journaling to my page later.  Possibly add 3 lines next to "His Beard" or add something on the back if I am not brave enough to add those lines and make myself liable to ruining the page.  But from here on out, I vow to work on making my journaling an important factor in my layouts.
I really want to thank Tracie & Amy for helping me understand the importance of those untold stories.  Especially for my little boy who, in this case, will be looking through my albums when he's older and wonder why I loved his dad's scruffy beard.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back soon for another layout share.  The next one I'm really excited to share!
-AtStudioD

No comments