20 Days, 20 Tutorials - Ornament Tree

Hi Bloggers.

Thanks for joining me today.  I've been asked by Lizvette Pacheco over at "Smashing En Español" to create a simple tutorial that I can share with everyone involving Christmas ornaments.  What she doesn't know is that I had already had this project in mind, so the timing couldn't be more perfect!!

LET'S CREATE!!

I purchased this foam cone at Jo-Ann Fabrics with a 50% off coupon and the ornaments at Target for $3.00 per box.  I ended up using 5 boxes and then some other items (like bells), that I had in my craft closet.





I layed them all out on the table and removed the tops.  They easily came off.
As I did this (which took about 10 minutes), I turned on my hot glue gun to let it heat up.


I pressed the open-ended ornament into the base of the foam cone
to create a spot and also to remember where to glue the ornament piece.
I added hot glue to the ornament and stuck it one by one to the spots on the foam cone.




I added silver holiday tinsel (that you can find at Wal-Mart or Target for $2 or less), all around my finished tree in random wrap-arounds to finish off the tree and make it more festive.




This is where my new red, green and silver tree sits in my living room.



I hope you take the time to make this and remember, you can use any color ornaments you wish to match your holiday decor.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you tomorrow for more Christmas Creativity.


post signature

11 comments

Caroline said...

WOW I love this it's stunning I love the colours. Caroline xxx

Robin said...

Fabulous decoration! Perfect for a center piece. Hugs, Robin

jessica said...

This is awesome!!!! GREAT tutorial and beautiful finished decoration!!

Sharla said...

Brilliant! I love it!

Berina RGA said...

This is very beautiful!!

The Scrapping Factory said...

I loooooooooooove it!!!!! I need to pick your brain, you are just too talented! Keep the inspiration coming, I need it =0)...Fabi xxxx

Beckie said...

How do you find the time? Super love this tree. Gorgeous.

Be blessed, Beckie

LunaSi said...

This is so festive, such a cute idea. I really like the use of the fluted ornament as a tree topper.

Leah l'Orange said...

D! this is fabby! bet i can stockpile some cheapie ornaments and make a mini version of this after the holidays! did the hot glue not melt the styrofoam??? i've always been afraid to use my hot glue gun on anything foamy...

Migdalia said...

WOW!!This is Absolutely STUNNING,BEAUTIFUL & so GORGEOUS!
WOW!!!Speechless....
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

Marla said...

A great and fun tree using some beautiful ornaments!! TFS