Celebrate YOU!

I can lie and say to you that this was the best and easiest card to make, but 2012 just began and I wanna at least give myself a week before I break any resolutions... lol.

The truth is that after almost 2 weeks of not doing any coloring or crafting, I was very stuck on making anything.  You haven't heard from me in a while because I was focusing more time on family, shopping, Christmas, food, shopping, photographs, cleaning the house, organizing my craft space (which I will have a video of some time this year), shopping, watching movies, going out to eat, hanging with friends, shopping... you know, the usual.  So I had not made any time to blog, vlog or create.  I was becoming lazy in a way and had lost a little of my craft mojo.

I was asked by a friend to make 2 cards (1 of which I'll show you today) for her friends to celebrate their birthdays.  The same 2 friends that I am friends with and still owe them their birthday cards too!!  (How totally wrong of me, huh??)  Well, as I sat in my newly cleaned & organized room the day of the party (Friday), I stared at paper, stared at my walls, stared at my fingers and waited for any sign of creative spark to show it's face.  It never did.  So I had to just grab some markers and force it out of me.


What I came up with is different.  These are not the usual colors I like to work with, but I was willing to sit there and be challenged and come up with something different and unique.  My friend did end up liking her card (or so I think - lol), but I'm still not convinced.  I plan on using the same image and paper and taking a stab at it a 2nd time around.  "Let's see what I can do when I have a little bit more craft mojo", is what I keep telling myself to be able to Let It Go!  lol


In the meantime, I'll leave you with the card that gave me the biggest headache in 2011.  Serves me right for abandoning my crafting to enjoy 2 weeks of family time...  Who am I anymore?  LOL.



See below for the list of supplies.


x0, Damaris


SUPPLIES
* TGF - Miss Dressy Anya stamp set
* MFT Dienamics - film strip & large scallop border
* MME L&F2 - Rosy 6x6 pad
* Copic markers
* WOC flowers
* ABunchofScrap - etsy shop flowers (black paper rose)
* Recollections bling & flowers
* Making Memories - black alpha glitter stickers

2 comments

Sharon said...

You are too funny. I like the card and I bet she liked it too :) Happy new year!

Terrie said...

lol of course she liked it its beautiful hugs Terrie