Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mickey Mouse Cupcake Toppers

Hi crafters.

I wanted to share a project I've been working on since last week and am almost done with.  As you might know, I've had my heart set on planning a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme'd 1st birthday party for Giovanni (his favorite show) and by making things myself I am able to, not only save money, but tap into my creativity.  


The idea for this came from Googling (as we all do) and these can be purchased on Etsy or other online shops, but I decided it would be less expensive to purchase the EK Success Mickey punch and do them myself.  Also, because this type of topper was not available anywhere I've looked anyway.  And who knows, maybe I'll make some to sell in my Etsy shop and make back the money that we're spending on this party!?  Thank goodness my husband is very hardworking and understands my desire to plan a very very nice 1st birthday party for Gio.  After all, the boy will only turn one once.  I'm just blessed to have the ability to make 80% of the things myself and be smart enough to purchase the other 20% of things on sale!!  (I love me some coupons!!)  LOL.  He's been working overtime for months now and all I can do to help us along is make some things myself; plus I love crafting anyway!! 

 

 


A video showing more details about this project can be seen below, along with a list of supplies used.

Thanks for dropping by.

Be blessed.

x0, Damaris






Supplies:

*  EK Success Mickey punch.
*  1.5" Stampin Up circle punch.
*  1.75" Stampin Up circle punch.
*  2" Stampin Up scallop circle punch.
*  8" bamboo skewers (cut down to 4.5")
*  Tombow Mono adhesive.
*  Pop dots.
*  Scotch tape.
*  Black & White cardstock.

Post a Comment