December Daily Prep

Hi Dolls, it's been a while since I share anything craft related; I just feel it's easier to share that sorta thing on Instagram. But I'm here today to share something near and dear to my heart. During Camp Reset 2018, I met a few ladies that I have kept in touch with. When the conversation about DECEMBER DAILY 2018 came up, I found that all but 1 have not worked on a DD. Over the course of several weeks/months many of them decided they wanted to try the project and have been shopping for their supplies. And this week I created a skype event for us to work on our albums prior to December so we're not overwhelmed. I felt the content I created to be so helpful that I wanted to share it with my readers. So if you're new to this yearly project, or if you stopped because you were overwhelmed, please take time to read this as it may motivate you to get back on track.
Purpose: To document your life in December. Not to be confused with project left (a daily/weekly recording of the everyday life). December is full of fun events, exciting shows, movies, décor, sweet treats, gift exchanges, parties and more! It’s a worldwide phenomenon that is celebrated globally! The craft community has developed a way to remember all those exciting moments in 1 book. Each year you will create a new December Daily album, and look back at your prior year’s stories.
What To Do: 1 – Decide on a color combo. Prior to December browse your local craft stores (Hobby Lobby, Michaels, JoAnn, Tuesday Morning, etc.), shop online (Scrapbook.com is my favorite), and gather your supplies. Anything you think you will use in your album. Don’t overbuy, but also don’t leave out anything you really love! 2 – Decide if you want to match your color combo to your home décor. If you make it simple with “Red/Green”, you can easily print color photos without them clashing. If you go with non-traditional Christmas colors like I am (Pink & Pastels), you may run into photos that are difficult to scrap, which may lead to printing them in black & white. 3 – Prep an album. Use a mini album, pocket page album, traveler’s notebook, rolodex system, junk journal, ring bound notebook, planner, disc bound notebook, etc. Whatever platform you feel MOST comfortable documenting your December stories, is what you will want to use. 4 – Prep your pages. Because December is a busy month in itself, you may find this project to seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. You can get started prepping your pages. Check your calendar, (printing one works best), and jot down all the events happening in the entire month. Birthdays, school recitals, soccer practice, meeting Santa, bills due, write it all and make sure you prep your foundation pages accordingly. Meaning if you know that on December 8th you will be at the mall to meet Santa, make sure you prep 2-3 pages worth of space for the photos and journaling. If you know that on December 10th is usually laundry and Bravo TV day, then just leave 1 page free to choose an item from the prompt list below, to document a photo/story. 5 - Photos / Stories. This is YOUR book about YOUR family and YOUR December life. Aside from dressing up to meet Santa, try not to stage the shots. The best memories are found when you happen to run into a sweet moment. Like the time Johnnie made cookies for the family for the first time. These impromptu happenings are something that may happen on a mundane day… and you may NOT NEED the prompt list. So be on the look-out for those, because they’re special and they are memories you will want to cherish for years to come. 6 – Prompts. In the event that you do have a slow day, you can choose from the prompt list below of fun photos to take with the corresponding journaling to write about. Feel free to mix them up and don’t feel pressured to use them all. Remember, these are ONLY to be used if you need them. 7 – Have fun! Your book may not be prepped entirely by Dec 1st and that’s OKAY! Your book may not even be finished until March or September of the following year, and THAT’S OKAY TOO! Just remember to have fun, enjoy the journey/season and track what you want to write about in a planner or numbered list. Keep it close and add to it whenever something happens that you want to include in your December Daily documenting.
DECEMBER DAILY PROMPTS 1 – Christmas Tree 2 – Decorations 3 – Holiday Shopping 4 – Christmas Cards 5 – Baking Recipe 6 – Christmas sweets & treats 7 – Stockings 8 – The weather outside is … 9 – Movies 10 – Music 11 – Something new 12 – From my window 13 – Ugly Sweater 14 – Mistletoe 15 – Party Dress 16 – Snow Globe 17 – Grinch 18 – Holiday DIY 19 – Wrapping paper 20 – First snow 21 – Neighborhood 22 – New Year’s Resolutions 23 – Ornaments 24 – Holiday travel 25 – Family Tradition
BONUS: Use the prompts from the The Reset Girl's Listers Gotta List for December, which will hit the shop in just a few days! You can purchase the ticket style prompts, or download the free prompts.
And FYI, this year I'm working with the Prima "Santa Baby" Christmas collection, and using the Heidi Swapp Memorydex system. I will soon share more on that, but first, be sure to check out my new YOUTUBE channel. Sure, my old one has over 5k followers, but I wanted to start fresh with new content and leave behind my haul & grainy videos. I hope you sub, because I plan on making more fun crafty videos!
P.S.  I'm selling my Elle's Studio DD kit from last year that I never got to use, and probably won't.  2018 will be my third pastel / shabby DD and I'm loving it!  If you're interested, shoot me an email: atstudiod@gmail.com.

P.S.S. If you're looking for a powerhouse site that has TONS of Christmas collections to choose from, try this LINK! It's for my affiliate and I can earn a few pennies each time you shop. :D
Thanks!



-AtStudioD

No comments