Thankful Everyday.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!  As you wait for your bird to be done, and sit through commercials during the Macy's Parade, why not check out a few of the Paper Issues Girls and their Thankful projects today?

I decided to use a photo recently taken with my husband and dedicate a page to him.  When I showed him this page, he got a little cocky remembering the guy who said he resembled Pitbull, lol, but after reading the journaling, he quickly softened up, gave me a hug and whispered how sweet I was.  I love scrapbooking for the fact that we can document our stories.  We can create keepsakes for years to come.  And we can use all of our pretty papers and embellishments to make pages that showcase our style.  "Bedner's Farm" was created using black ink and a small Gossamer Blue alpha stamp.



For my layout, I used Pink Paislee's "Turn The Page", by Paige Taylor Evans.  The colors are bright and fun, but they can also be used for masculine pages.  I rounded up 2 Fiskars hexagon punches and used the smaller hexi-punch on the 2x2 square pads that came with this collection.  I then punched the remainder parts of the small squares with a Martha Stewart punch to make tiny flowers.  The thickers are by American Crafts, and have a goldish lined outline. 

I also used the "Bubbles" free cut file from the Paper Issues Shop for background swirly circles.  The stitching was made with a Uniball White Gel Pen and I polished the page with Nuvo White Drops; they're the perfect sprinkled touch.



To put it all together I used one of my new favorites, another Nuvo product which applies adhesive smoothly and is a full bottle!  I'm still on my 1st bottle and I've been using it consistently for more than a month!  I will add a disclaimer; like with any adhesive, if you leave the top off overnight, the glue will dry within the nozzle.  So make sure you close that top as soon as you're done with your project.



Fun Fact:  From time to time I sketch out an idea for a page.  Today's project share is something I sketched out more than a month ago.  It's not exactly like the sketch, but very similar.  Feel free to use the sketch for your own projects and link me so I can see your beautiful take on it.




Thanks for checking in on this special day.  I have included several links below for your convenience.  Also, don't forget to take advantage of my 20% off discount "Damaris" at the PI Shop. Where, spending $60 earns you free priority US shipping.  Awesome!

LINKS
Paper Issues Shop
Paper Issues Blog
PI Family & Friends FB Group

I hope you all enjoy your delicious meals today, with your family and friends.  And make sure to get some rest this weekend!


-AtStudioD

No comments